Hey All I need Your Help!

Hi ya to everyone!

I desperately need your help. I’ve looked at my Lecture notes from college and I can’t find the answers for these two questions;

Q11. How many pages of text can you store on a CD (650MB) – explain your answer.

Q12. How many high resolution images can you store on a CD (650MB) – explain your answer.

I’d much appreciate it!

A11: Assuming one page of text is 1 kilobyte you can store( 650 000 000 / 1024 ) = 634765 pages of text.

A12: Assuming one high resolution image is 1 megabyte in size you can store 650 of them.

You have a computer

Take a look at a page of text…it´s how many KB?..call this y
Now…your CD can hold 650MB…how many KB is that? Call this x

So, x/y = the number of pages

Do the same with your hi-res image. Find out what size it is in KB and divide that into the size of the CD

:eek:

:cool:

Thanks guys, sorry a bit stressed out at the moment. Just trying to meet various deadlines!

So what are Q13 and 14? :slight_smile:

Hi-res image??? What is that? I have photos of 500KB, and one which is nearly 1 GIGABYTE…yes…what are we gonna fit that on I wonder???

…and a page of text…anything from 3KB to 20KB.

What kind of drugs does your lecturer take???

[QUOTE=deanimator;1942939]
…and a page of text…anything from 3KB to 20KB.
[/QUOTE]Plain text is something else than its interpretation by bloated Office Suites. :wink:

[QUOTE=deanimator;1942939]What kind of drugs does your lecturer take???[/QUOTE] The same kind printer manufacturers inhale when they advertise that it’s possible to print 800 pages on one ink cartridge. :slight_smile:

Answers:
Q11: It depends on several factors.
Q12: It depends on several factors.

Those questions seem vague to me, i mean high res doesn’t define what high res is, could be for example 2000x3000, 5000x7000 or 12000x16000.

I proberly would reply to them as depends, reason meny factors i.e image depends on the res and file format.