Hexalock

vbimport

Here is a solution to the Hexalock problem for those that have not made 2 posts and therefore do not qaulify to download GoldStar611’s code. With thanks to GoldStar611 for pointing me in the right direction.

Install a copy of Foxit and rename the Foxit reader executable to AcroRd32.exe.
Install a copy of PDF creator and set it as your default printer.
Load your Hexalocked CD and run Start_Here.exe (or whatever launches your particular CD).
Now launch Foxit and use it to open the PDF files on your CD.
Print your PDFs to PDF creator and save them in a safe place.

This is not a perfect solution as you lose all of the indexing that is in the original files, but at least you now have a PDF file that you can copy, archive and print.
This seems to work because Foxit does not enforce the no print security that is in the original PDFs and which Acrobat does enforce.

Forgot to mention that if you have version 2.01 of the HPCS loader you will need to do this on a PC running Windows XP.

We have a forklift training CD that is Hexalock protected. Unfortunately, we don’t use XP any longer, but we’d still like to have acces to the files we purchased. Based on what I’ve read here, it looks like GoldStar611 has come up with the answer. I’ll try that when I’m eligible. Thanks to all you folks for making this possible.

Thanks GoldStar611. I know this thread is old, but your work is still helping people out!

Hi GoldStar, as i have read in previous threads and felt you are Superb Man.
Please help me in this;
i have purchased one flv format Original video dvd which is copy protected by truscont ltd and each video file is password protected, i have password for all video files, the dvd also contained runme.exe. i can play all video on vlc player but i need to back up this dvd on my hard disc.

I will be grateful to you brother if you can help me out.

Thanks in advance

Hi Goldstar,you are superb man
i am also having same problem, having flv dvd video files protected by truscont ltd,they played by a flash player by clicking runme.exe. i want them to back up all videos on my hdd.
Thanks in advance.

Are any of these files still valid? I’m desperately trying to get hold of Goldstar’s unhexalock.

Does anyone know of any external links that work? The original links for the unhexalock file are no longer valid.

Sorry if repost, but which tools currently detects Hexalock protection ?

Or it only could be detected via 2 session disc and bad sectors 2218-2221 ?

@inferis
Take a look at the first posting of this thread.

[QUOTE=nikanor;2685013]Sorry if repost, but which tools currently detects Hexalock protection ?

Or it only could be detected via 2 session disc and bad sectors 2218-2221 ?[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, this is the most fail-safe identification along with looking for run_exe or autostart EXE’s with indications of coming from Israel.

Going to try this with a couple old cd’s I have with some manuals on them

excellent stuff

thankyou!

ok when this works then…

TrusCont Launcher. Any help?

Thanks Glodstar!!

Thanks Goldstar

Hi Goldstar, and everyone on this forum - I’m a newbie, and looking for the ‘unhexalock’ fix for vista as others before me have! I have to get my # of posts up to 2 before I can download!

Thanks for all the work on this - i’m trying to crack an old CD with some pdf manuals on it… getting that lovely HCPS error.

Hi again - well, successfully downloaded and ran the tidy app (very nice) but when i went to run hexalock from “Start_Here.exe” on my CD, the error still crashes the application in WIndows and then doesn’t allow any “un-hexalocking”. Any suggestions?

are the files still available?

or has anyone managed to back up the CD?

[QUOTE=inferis;2684997]Are any of these files still valid? I’m desperately trying to get hold of Goldstar’s unhexalock.

Does anyone know of any external links that work? The original links for the unhexalock file are no longer valid.[/QUOTE]

Did you try this, did it work?