Recently I had a hell of a time getting my CD drive to kick into DMA running XP. I tried several methods and this is how I finally got it to work. So I thought Iâ€™d share this for those whoâ€™ve also tried many other methods like I did and got no results other than a migraine. I can only confirm that this works in XP.
In the registry go to
It should have subkeys like 0000, 0001, 0002, etc. 0001 should be the primary IDE channel and 0002 the secondary. You can check DriverDesc to make sure. Now just delete MasterIdDataChecksum or SlaveIdDataChecksum depending on which drive you’re having problems with. Also it shouldn’t hurt if you delete both as DMA will be redetected.
edit I should also mention, delete the Entire MasterIdDataChecksum and or SlaveIdDataChecksum, Not the value data.