Heres a new protection!

just got hold of the new release today in the uk called pro evolution soccer 3 making its debut on pc for the 1st time.(normally a playstation title)
its on dvd which in itself is unusual last one I remember was metal gear solid I think by same distributors konami.
its 2.86gb on a single layered dvd imagine my horror when it was scanned with clony to reveal securom new 4.85 embedded within!
being on dvd this obviously renders my plextor premium useless
using gigarec and the dvd drive I have tried to image up with alcohol is unable to emulate the plextor capabilities?
will test over the next few days possibly see if I can use twinpeak and blindwrite 5 etc and see what I can come up with???
any suggestions guys welcome I suppose it was just a matter of time before we got a dvd protected pc title with securom :a
regards logicwatch

Originally posted by logicwatch
just got hold of the new release today in the uk called pro evolution soccer 3 making its debut on pc for the 1st time.(normally a playstation title)
its on dvd which in itself is unusual last one iI remember was metal gear solid I think by same distributors konami.
its 2.86gb on a single layered dvd imagine my horror when it was scanned with clony to reveal securom new 4.85 embedded within!
being on dvd this obviously renders my plextor premium useless
using gigarec and the dvd drive I have tried to image up with alcohol is unable to emulate the plextor capabilities?
will test over the next few days possibly see if I can use twinpeak and blindwrite 5 etc and see what I can come up with???
any suggestions guys welcome I suppose it was just a matter of time before we got a dvd protected pc title with securom :a
regards logicwatch

someone just posted on that here…not sure if it helps…but it may be a start…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80195

thanks jamos that was a quick reply will keep trying not sure if perhaps clony mis reading protection?
will keep you posted if starghost has already got a working copy
hes done well. ps . image will not mount on alcohol so that leads me to believe protection has blacklisted virtual drive
we shall see will keep testing!::confused:

what kind of dvd writer drive do you have or are you just trying to play a image? i can tell you for certain that alc120s virtual drive is blacklisted by securerom 4.85x

As far as I know there is no way to extract an MDS/BWA file from a DVD.

It’s not the first SecuROM on DVD either, unfortunately.

so whoever made that other post was either using a cracked copy or blowing smoke…:stuck_out_tongue:

bet the fact we will win the rugby world cup it is using a fixed exe?
oh we did ! and it washttp://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=80195 :frowning: