Hepl fixing a security conversion

vbimport

i had changed the extension of a passworded winrar archive (*.rar) with the extension *.pl. after that i had made a new passworded archive and i had changed it’s extension in *.CAB. now, when i want to extract, after rechanging the extensions to *.rar, the CAB archive is extracting correctly, but when i try to extract after changing extension for extracted *pl, it does’nt work. it says that unrecognize the format (changed as *.rar). what should i do, cause those are important files (that’s why i overprotected them). :confused:

[QUOTE=primuljohny;2160399]i had changed the extension of a passworded winrar archive (*.rar) with the extension *.pl. after that i had made a new passworded archive and i had changed it’s extension in *.CAB. now, when i want to extract, after rechanging the extensions to *.rar, the CAB archive is extracting correctly, but when i try to extract after changing extension for extracted *pl, it does’nt work. it says that unrecognize the format (changed as *.rar). what should i do, cause those are important files (that’s why i overprotected them). :confused:[/QUOTE]

First Rule if those files are that important why didn’t you at least save to a flash stick?? That way only you have access to them. Also when making passwords-you should write down your steps and process that your doing so that in the future you can reverse this process to avoid what the problem you created. Also reading what your doing was confusing to me. So you went .rar password change .rar extension to .pl then change password of .pl then rename to .cab?? What I don’t get is you should’ve just use one passward for the .rar that no one could’ve guess and written it down so you will remember it if you forget it. When it doesn’t know the format are you referring to the .pl or .rar??

first i made a passwoded winrar archive with the file (renamed to look like a *.pl file for the instalation of a programm) i want to protect. second i changed the *.rar extension to *.pl. third i made a passworded winrar archive with this new *.pl file. fourth i change the *rar extension and the name of this new winrar file to Data.CAB. fifth i copyed the Data.CAB file) into a program. sixth i burn the programm (containing the Data.CAB file to a DVD. That was my double protection I had made (clewer?!).

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2160437]First Rule if those files are that important why didn’t you at least save to a flash stick?? That way only you have access to them. Also when making passwords-you should write down your steps and process that your doing so that in the future you can reverse this process to avoid what the problem you created. Also reading what your doing was confusing to me. So you went .rar password change .rar extension to .pl then change password of .pl then rename to .cab?? What I don’t get is you should’ve just use one passward for the .rar that no one could’ve guess and written it down so you will remember it if you forget it. When it doesn’t know the format are you referring to the .pl or .rar??[/QUOTE]

i had changed the extension of a passworded winrar archive (*.rar) with the extension *.pl. after that i had made a new passworded archive and i had changed it’s extension in *.CAB. now, when i want to extract, after rechanging the extensions to *.rar, the CAB archive is extracting correctly, but when i try to extract after changing extension for extracted *pl, it does’nt work. it says that unrecognize the format (changed as *.rar). what should i do, cause those are important files (that’s why i overprotected them).