Help

vbimport

I am a newbie and this is my first post so please be gentle…

Last Jan I got a Dell 2400 with XP Home edition and a Sony CRX216E writer…Sonic RecordNow 6.5.3 software.
I wont go into detail as to why(irrelevant), but I reformatted my hard drive and installed Windows 2000 Professional. It took a while getting everything installed and functioning(still not all there yet, also…irrelevant)but when it came to installing my Sonic software it just won’t because it is looking for XP. Is there any way around this obstacle?

Also, am I correct in assuming that the burner model, and the software version for that matter, are “special” versions specific for Dell? I went to the Sony site and did not see CRX216E.

Try different software. Nero should do the trick

You main board may be dell specific…but the drives are generic, as theone1 says, Nero is an option. The software supplied by dell on the recovery discs are for the xp version ofte dell machine you bought…hence your obstacles…:slight_smile:

Yes that is you rproblem indeed the recovery disk I used one for 2 years til I wanted to die then I just bought an XP Upgrade disk and use it instead