Help

Hi everyone,

Wonder if someone could help me.

I installed VOB instant write on my 64bit windows xp. it wouldnt run so I uninstalled it, but my writers disappeared from my computer.

I eventually got them back by deleting the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

unfortunately i deleted the entire key by mistake but retrieved the settings from another 32 BIT pc.

Could someone who is running xp64 bit please post the correct registry settings for the above key.
Also now when I insert a blank cd I get the incorrect function error.
I also have no recording tab under properties.

I have checked tried this MS fix but it is correct.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529

PLEASE HELP!!!:sad:

Many thanks.

Daz Seaton

[quote=dazseaton;2224218]Hi everyone,

Wonder if someone could help me.

I installed VOB instant write on my 64bit windows xp. it wouldnt run so I uninstalled it, but my writers disappeared from my computer.

I eventually got them back by deleting the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

unfortunately i deleted the entire key by mistake but retrieved the settings from another 32 BIT pc.

Could someone who is running xp64 bit please post the correct registry settings for the above key.
Also now when I insert a blank cd I get the incorrect function error.
I also have no recording tab under properties.

I have checked tried this MS fix but it is correct.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529

PLEASE HELP!!!:sad:

Many thanks.

Daz Seaton[/quote]
Why didn’t you just uninstall the drives in device manager and reboot :confused:
the system would have re-installed it

hi, thanks for your reply.

yes have done this and this reinstalls the values under the 0000 and 0001 sub-folders but not the values directly under the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} folder.

But having said that i deleted them and rebooted the pc and even without any info in that folder the drives work unless i put in a blank, i still get the incorrect function error and no recording tab.

Fortunately I have figured out a workround. I downloaded some free software called express burn and this seems to work fine.

regards

Darren

crap. no it doesnt. goes through the motions but fails to write cd

nero is the answer.

but still get that damn message from windows.