Help!

vbimport

Hello all! I am new to this forum. I have the trial of DVDFab Platinum and am thinking of buying it however I’m having a problem.

When I go to copy a movie it copies fine but when it starts to write it (before it even writes it) I put in the blank DVD and my screen goes black with white writing that says “A problem has been detected and windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your computer.” It then shuts down. It only does this when I’m trying to burn a DVD so I’m thinking it has something to do with the software, but I could be wrong.

My computer is less than a year old. It is an HP! This does it with all movies. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks!

*Di
PS - I hope this hasn’t been asked before.

[quote=btrflydi;2063649]Hello all! I am new to this forum. I have the trial of DVDFab Platinum and am thinking of buying it however I’m having a problem.

When I go to copy a movie it copies fine but when it starts to write it (before it even writes it) I put in the blank DVD and my screen goes black with white writing that says “A problem has been detected and windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your computer.” It then shuts down. It only does this when I’m trying to burn a DVD so I’m thinking it has something to do with the software, but I could be wrong.

My computer is less than a year old. It is an HP! This does it with all movies. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks!

*Di
PS - I hope this hasn’t been asked before.[/quote]
Hi:
You have to give us more information. What DVD is it? What type of DVDRW do you have, what speed are trying to write at? What V of Fab are you using? Are you using the Platnium Version? Does other DVD Copy Software work? What is the brand of DVDs you are using. Did you reboot after installation?

Sorry. It is any DVD I try to burn. I’m trying to do Shrek right now though. It is a HP LightScribe DVD SuperMulti Drive/CD Writer. As for the speed I’m not really sure in the settings of DVDFab it is set to recommended. I am using the latest version 5.0.2.0 Platinum version. I have only used DVDFab. However when I had an earlier version it worked fine. It started doing this with the last version I had which was 4.something (don’t remember the exact version just know it started with 4). Hope this helps out more.

Thanks

What happens if you copy it to Hard Disk??? If it doesn’t do it there then the prob is the DVD somehow…might help narrow it down…