Help?

Since I have updated DVDfab to DVDFab Gold 4.0.1.2.I have not been able to back up any movie. It will scan the movie. I have 2 Dvd burners. I put the movie in the F drive and blank disk in Dribe E and I have tried the other way around to. As soon as I hit start it will say No media detected on in Drive___
Please insert a compatible media to start the write process. I am using the same brand DVDs that I have always used and have even gotten a few blanks from some friends to see what happened and they still will not burn and both burners could not be bad at one time and it just stared when I up dated. Any ideas?

Are you inserting both the source disk and the blank disc at the same time?
In other words,
are you waiting to see if your source drive has been recognized before you put your blank disk in?

yes.I am waiting to make sure the source disk is being recognized…I just went back and redownloaded and installed DVDFAB…still no luck

Does windows/DVDFab recognize the original movie disc if you try it in both drives?

yes…DVDfab recognizes the original movie disc in both drives…its just the writing process I seem to be having problems with in both drives. I have even tried burning with one drive…everything works well untill I have to put the blank disk in to burn then the window keeps poping up saying No media detected in Drive___
Please insert a compatible media to start the write process.

[QUOTE=connielhink;1935547]yes…DVDfab recognizes the original movie disc in both drives…its just the writing process I seem to be having problems with in both drives. I have even tried burning with one drive…everything works well untill I have to put the blank disk in to burn then the window keeps poping up saying No media detected in Drive___
Please insert a compatible media to start the write process.[/QUOTE]

Are you able to burn to that brand of blank disc using IMG Burn :confused:

So it’s only the burn process…have you actually ripped to your hdd ok?
Just choose your hdd as the “target” and try it unless you’ve confirmed this already
This is darn peculiar. With updates, I’ve seen write strategies change, but you’re experiencing the same issue with both burners.

I’m guessing you’re using VSO - the default burn engine
Do you have nero installed?..under[B] Common Settings [/B]> [B]Write[/B] > [B]Burning Engine [/B]> choose [B]nero[/B]

Does the burn process proceed ok now?

this is something i experience from time to time. more so with some other of earlier versions of dvdfab v3. what works for me?

i insert the blank disc, wait for the drive to recognize the disc and idle (no sound coming from the drive) then click ok, occasionally the insert disc will come up again so i hit ok again, if still not reading disc i eject disc and try again, eventually it works. ive put in the feature request several times about this, as its not a problem with other software.

although i did insert a bad disc once and tried and tried several times to get it to read until i looked at the disc and noticed it had been partially written.:stuck_out_tongue:

troy

Not sure what IMG burn is…Yes I am using Vso burn…Nero is not installed and Troy I have tryed that many many timesand I can copy to the Harddrive

[QUOTE=connielhink;1935696]Not sure what IMG burn is…Yes I am using Vso burn…Nero is not installed and Troy I have tryed that many many timesand I can copy to the Harddrive[/QUOTE]

IMG Burn is a program that you can use to burn DVD files to disc and it is [B]FREE[/B]
here is the link to the website
http://www.imgburn.com/
you can setup DVD Shrink to use it after it gets done with it’s process BUT you have to install the last version of Shrink to do so

what brand and model is your dvd burner? how is it connected? internal ide, internal sata, external usb, external firewire…

what are your burn settings? what brand of blank media are you using? what is the media id? use dvd identifier to tell you info about your disc. get dvd identifier.

troy