Help with this Burner! (LG GSA-4163B)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4163B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]total noob to this process and these forums. My documentation for my computer (a gateway) lists my DVD burner as a Hitachi-LG GSA-4163B. My firmware (most recent at gateway for download) is listed as Firmware GA05 Samsung Storage Technology (TSST) DVD +/-RW Dual Layer Drive. Anyone know if this burner is adequate/good for use with CloneCD, Imgburn or DVD Decryptor? I’m using memorex DVD R+ DL discs and i have yet to even get through a burn session let alone test out whether the DVD’s work in my 360.

You should try to get Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL discs, or [if you can’t get those] Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL discs…I doubt that you would be able to get the GSA-4163B to tolerate anything of a lesser quality. :wink: They might not even work perfectly with 8x Verbatim discs as the drive is pretty old.

You might want to double check that your individual computer has the GSA-4163B, as Gateway could very easily have used different burners in the same computer models. :slight_smile:

You were right, picked up verbatim disks today and im 3 for 3 for successful backups. Thanks.