Help with Sony DRU 710A after bad flash

After flashing with omnipatcher my sony dru 710a no longer recognizes blank DVD+Rs correctly. In fact, when a blank DVD+R is in the drive, the drive icon changes into a CD Drive. Other than this the drive works as usual. Please let me know how I might be able to fix this, thanks.

[quote=klemperal;2060937]After flashing with omnipatcher my sony dru 710a no longer recognizes blank DVD+Rs correctly. In fact, [B]when a blank DVD+R is in the drive, the drive icon changes into a CD Drive.[/B] Other than this the drive works as usual. Please let me know how I might be able to fix this, thanks.[/quote]The part in bold is normal, too, at least for Windows XP; it’s a “feature” of XP. :doh:

Very strange indeed. I booted up into Linux and sure enough the drive recognized a blank DVD+R. I’m gonna keep looking for some sort of fix and if anyone knows of one please let me know.

I don’t understand why you say you are looking for a “Fix”. There is nothing broken. This is normal no one has or can find a fix because there is nothing to fix. There is nothing to fix and your drive did this before the flash you just didn’t notice it. Every drive I own all 8 of them have done this in my win XP machine with a blank dvd in it.