Help with SH-D163B

vbimport

I bought a SH-d163B and connected it with a SATA cable and there is power but my computer will not read . I am using windows XP. please help me , what should i do as i am not that brainy with computers.

[QUOTE=bulldog666;2023445]I bought a SH-d163B and connected it with a SATA cable and there is power but my computer will not read . I am using windows XP. please help me , what should i do as i am not that brainy with computers.[/QUOTE]Welcome to CDF’s:

bulldog it will not read a disc at all? Has it ever read a disc?

Can you try the drive in another pc and see if it will work in it?

What computer do you have? Also, when you say your computer will not read, do you mean your computer doesn’t detect it?

Hey Albert, i have a Windows XP, Yes it will not detect it. Can u help? when i go into my computer to find this drive, it is not detected.

What computer make/model do you have?

I have Windows XP , pentium 4 , intel inside , i dont know anything else about this pc

Without knowing your computer specifications, we won’t be able help you [I]bulldog666[/I]. :flower:
Take your time and look at the back of compu for labels and marking.

You can also use tools like CPU-Z to identify your mobos chipset, CPU and much more…

You can download everest, the program tells you everything you need to know about ur pc

the model of my pc is SiS-648FX, what else do u need to know?

Rather old box… :wink:
This compus mobo probably has an add on SATA SiS180 chip thru 963L southbridge. Not sure it supports optical drives at all (almost 4y old chip).

Check BIOS setting if SATA is enabled and in what mode it runs.

BTW, think you better get an PCI add-on SiliconImage SATA card (example)

thanks mate i will check into that :bow: