Help with Sanyo HDD-Dvd Recorders

Yes, I was pretty stupid and got me a cheap and nasty Sanyo HVR-DX700.

What I’m wondering is; Is there any way to get discs which are burnt on this particular player to work on any other DVD player or on my PC?

It’s pretty annoying that I can only watch what I burn on the one particular player.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Please let us know what types of discs you are recording onto (-R, +R, -RW, +RW). Are you finalising the discs before trying on the other players?

[QUOTE=imkidd57;1970748]Please let us know what types of discs you are recording onto (-R, +R, -RW, +RW). Are you finalising the discs before trying on the other players?[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried -R and +R discs. When it’s finished burning it doesn’t mention anything about finalizing, but it pops them out when complete and says “Dubbing complete”, or something to that effect, haha.

It’s frustrating as, I’d like to be able to back up a few programs I’ve recorded off TV onto my PC, but the darn discs won’t read on anything else :frowning:

Because you need to install DVD+VR or DVD-VR drivers.

[QUOTE=chef;1972596]Because you need to install DVD+VR or DVD-VR drivers.[/QUOTE]

Excuse my complete newb-ness, but what and where can I get these? Will I need a specific type of DVD-VR driver to play the Sanyo burnt discs or for my specific DVD burner?

All help is extremely appreciated :slight_smile:

Does the Sanyo menu not have anywhere a selection , even hidden, for finalizing the disk?
On my ilo dvdrhd04, you have to go to a tools menu from the remote and there find finalizing. It does not prompt you to take this action. Same with the ilo dvdr05mu. You have to find finalizing under the edit button on the remote.
Just some ideas!
MK