Help with REGION coes and copying with andydvd

vbimport

help with REGION codes and copying with anydvd
Hi. I wanted to ask you about Slysoft software and Region Codes. I just received a bunch of dvds from England which are Region 2 so they will not work on my dvd players here in the USA. I was able to successfully copy them via clone2dvd and slysoft but they still will not play in my dvd players. Any suggestions to get them to work. I know I have Region 1 and ALL and they are PAL Region 2 but I thought slysoft strips this protection out and copies it etc… Your help is appreciated.
and thanks in advance.

your talking apples and oranges.

1. region codes = anydvd works at that
  2. PAL to NTSC Format is a different subject = anydvd doesn’t work for that.
    So now you need to find a program that can take a PAL format and switch it to NTSC format. Or buy a dvd player and TV that can play both formats.
    Hope this helps you.

[QUOTE=webby999;2054475][B]help with REGION codes and copying with anydvd[/B]
Hi. I wanted to ask you about Slysoft software and Region Codes. I just received a bunch of dvds from England which are Region 2 so they will not work on my dvd players here in the USA. I was able to successfully copy them via clone2dvd and slysoft but they still will not play in my dvd players. Any suggestions to get them to work. I know I have Region 1 and ALL and they are PAL Region 2 but I thought slysoft strips this protection out and copies it etc… Your help is appreciated.
and thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

[U]AnyDVD[/U] does remove the region coding but the it does not convert PAL to NTSC format or NTSC format to PAL. Your DVD player apparently does not support the PAL format.

You will have to either use software and convert PAL to NTSC which takes some time and is just a pain or get a DVD player that handles both formats.

thanks for your reply and it makes sense because anydvd did seem to strip out the region code or copy it ok but the problem is as you say…it is pay and I can only play ntsc thanks again!