Help with pixelating

First of all, if this is discussed elsewhere, please let me know or move my post, i havent been able to find this problem anywhere, but i am far from flawless. Now, on to the point. OK, i have been trying to back up my movies, and i am making exact image copies, less encryption and region protection. i have been using the latest version of DVDFab Platinum to clone an image and then burn it. I have been using Verbatim DVD+DL MIS, i dont know the id but i can get it if it is needed, but i dont think this is the issue. Anyways, they all PIXELATE at some point in the movie, some very badly. I am burning with NEC3550@4551 with dee & liggys firmware, i have burned at 2.4x, 4x, 6x, and 8x with no decernable change. I have cleaned my drives, and my player. I shut down every process on my machine thinking MAYBE i was having a throughput issue, but i dont think thats it either. As the pixelating occurs in the same spots of the movie, it leads me to believe that it is a burning issue, or maybe a decryption issue. I could really use some feedback on this, as i am tired of wasting expensive media…if any other information is needed, i will absolutely post it. Thanks Freakers

pixellation usually occurs around 1 hour into the film this is because the lens laser reads from the center out towards the edge of the dvd disc i have found that burning at 4 or 8 speed usually resolves this problem and i have also used cheap media i.e 4 for a pound from the local pound shop quality seems to be just as good as on expensive media discs i am using a lg dvd burner i hope this is of some use to you ok —SILVERSURFER--------

pixellation usually occurs around 1 hour into the film this is because the lens laser reads from the center out towards the edge of the dvd disc i have found that burning at 4 or 8 speed usually resolves this problem and i have also used cheap media i.e 4 for a pound from the local pound shop quality seems to be just as good as on expensive media discs i am using a lg dvd burner i hope this is of some use to you ok —SILVERSURFER--------

Thanks for the input, but i have tried burning at different speeds, as well as using different burning programs after the creation of the decrypted ISO (imgburn, etc) to no avail. Also, pixelation doesnt seem to occur at any specific time reference during the movie, just whenever, and definately more than once per movie. Is this just the way it is, or are all of you able to make a seemingly flawless copy with no errors? All of the quality scans i have done have been fantastic, as expected from the media i used.

Can you please post a CD-DVD Speed scan of an ImgBurn recording - preferably including a ‘Disc Quality’ and ‘Transfer Rate’ test? Also the ‘Disc info’ tab display please…

Sorry I took so long, been busy busy, I hope someone revisits this thread. Something is not right. I did my scans on 2 different burners…NEC4551A F/W 1-Z2 and ASUSDRW-1612BL F/W1.04. The master disc was read on the ASUS, and the copy was burned on the ASUS. I used DVDFab Platinum 3.0.3.5 to decrypt and create ISO. I burned with Imgburn.

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD+R DL
Book Type : DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: : Verbatim
MID : MKM 001 000 (00)
Write speeds: : 2 X - 4 X
Blank Capacity : n/a
Extended Information
Layers : 2
Layer break : 3.87 GB
Write strategies : n/a
Disc Status : Closed
Raw Data
Physical Format Information (00h)
0000 - 01 0F 31 10 00 03 00 00 00 FA B4 3F 00 21 F4 1F - …1…?.!..
0010 - 00 00 00 4D 4B 4D 00 00 00 00 00 30 30 31 00 40 - …MKM…001.@
0020 - 25 25 37 0C 02 2F 63 02 2F 63 21 23 0D 0E 14 14 - %%7…/c./c!#…
0030 - 02 01 01 10 00 21 23 0D 0E 14 14 02 01 01 10 00 - …!#…

OK, NEC stuff:

General Information
Drive: _NEC DVD_RW ND-4551A
Firmware: 1-Z2
Disc: DVD+R DL (MKM 001)
Selected speed: Maximum
PI errors
Maximum: 1834
Average: 402.82
Total: 11486386
PI failures
Maximum: 28
Average: 2.13
Total: 39011
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 18:44
Number of samples: 30514
Average scanning interval: 8.00 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

Asus:

General Information
Drive: ASUS DRW-1612BL
Firmware: 1.04
Disc: DVD+R DL (MKM 001)
Selected speed: Maximum
PI errors
Maximum: 36
Average: 9.56
Total: 212085
PI failures
Maximum: 7
Average: 0.10
Total: 3715
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 16:21
Number of samples: 229762
Average scanning interval: 1.06 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

C’mon now all you experts! I have exhausted all my resources, done all the reading i can, and now my trial is up on DVDFab, and, well, i cant in good conscience buy this software knowing that i have issues. I have determined through experimentation that the issue is in the decryption/creation of the ISO. I have burned many, many discs of the same movie with different burners and different programs, all with the same result, in fact, the pixelation occurs in the same spots, right down to the second, so that tells me my flaw is in the rip. Any thoughts? suggestions? anybody else have this issue? I dont want to beg, but this is costing me a fortune in DL discs, i am stumped…

Have you tried a different standalone player or tried to see if it pixelates on your computer in the same places?

What are the programs you have tried for ripping, encoding, and burning?

I have tried various stand alone players, with the same result i dont have any software to play on my computer, nor do i wish to. Mostly i have been dealing with DVDFab only, but i did do an ISO with DVDDecryptor with no better result. I was going to try Anydvd, but i havent yet, and im unfamiliar with how that would work. I have burned the ISO with DvdFab, nero, and imgburn, all with the same lousy results, which led me to believe that my problem was in the decryption or image making process. I was also going to try dvdclone, but my trial expired before i could use it, and i dont relish paying for something that doesnt work correctly, be it operator error or otherwise-lol

If you have tried ripping it with dvddecrypter then I would make sure that you don’t do any multitasking during the dvd process. Is your hard drive defragged? I would try different media also. Buy a couple of a different brand just to try and see what the results are.

Thanks sober1…i have actually gone so far as to shut down all non essential functions, and i did absolutely nothing with my machine during rip and burn( even turned the screen saver off)…didnt help. Also, as far as i know, there are only 2 different d/l dvd’s…ritek and verbatim…and the riteks wont hardly play at all. I regularly defrag my drives, so that shouldnt be an issue, and there is plenty of free space. Keep firing suggestions, maybe you will hit on something i havent thought of. If you dont mind, look at the scans in my previous posts…there is a huge descrepancy between my NEC and ASUS drives…the scans are of the same disk in different drives