Help with pioneer 110d and book type settings (Pioneer DVR-110D / DVR-R100 / DVR-610)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-110D / DVR-R100 / DVR-610. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi Guys,

This is my first post here and i would love some help to fix my problem.
I have a pioneer 110d and have never had problems with it.
Im now trying to burn an iso image (ps2) which ppl say i need to change the book type to dvd-rom but cant.
I insert a verbatim dl +r dvd and have been trying image burn 2.4.2.0 and also dvd decrypter but it says dvd +r dl and the book type can not be changed.
I downloaded a hacked firmware (i think) (110 837 MAXRIP) and selected the ms dos file and it changed my firmware (i think).
Sorry im a real noob.
I have already wasted 5 dual layer dvd’s.
I hope someone can help me.

Cheers

@ shane from oz,

Welcome to the Forum.

You are confusing ‘Media Type’ with ‘Book Type’. ‘Media Type’ and ‘Book Type’ are entirely two different things. DVD+R DL Media when book type bit set to DVD-ROM will be displayed as ‘Media Type’ DVD+R DL but the ‘Book Type’ will be DVD-ROM. Check your DVD+R DL Media AFTER the Burning process is completed your DVD+R DL Media will have the ‘Book Type’ displayed as DVD-ROM – the ‘Media Type” will remain as DVD+R DL and this is normal. If your Play Station 2 backup fails to function correctly the problem is not a Pioneer DVR-110D ‘Book Type’ Firmware problem.

By default Official Pioneer DVR-110D Firmware auto bit sets DVD+R DL Media to book type DVR-ROM during the Burning evolution. This bit setting of DVD+R DL Media to book type DVD-ROM is done automatically during the Burning process and no user intervention is required. Pioneer DVR-110D bit setting of DVD+R DL Media to book type DVR-ROM is done internally in the Firmware and cannot be altered during the Burning process.

Unaware of exactly what “hacked firmware (110 837 MAXRIP)” is and using any “hacked” DVR-110D Firmware to totally unnecessary. Using Official Pioneer DVR-110D or Buffalo DVR-110L Firmwares and the Media Code Speed Edit tool will provide all the “Firmware altering” that is necessary.

Regards,
bjkg

Hi bjkg,

Ok i have image burn open and have a verbatim dl +r dvd inserted.
The book type says “dvd +r dl”.
I have been told i should be able to change the book type to dvd-rom but when i click the icon “change book type” a box opens with names of different drives but nothing saying pioneer.
So what you are saying is that i dont have to change the book type at all as with a dvd +r dl the drive will do it itself is the correct?
Im seriously starting to think that the image i have is at fault and not the drive or the media.
I might download it again (7gb arghhhhh).

Cheers

@ shane from oz,

Once again -> By default Official Pioneer DVR-110D Firmware auto bit sets DVD+R DL Media to book type DVR-ROM during the Burning evolution. This bit setting of DVD+R DL Media to book type DVD-ROM is done automatically during the Burning process and no user intervention is required. Pioneer DVR-110D bit setting of DVD+R DL Media to book type DVR-ROM is done internally in the Firmware and cannot be altered during the Burning process.

Also -> Unaware of exactly what “hacked firmware (110 837 MAXRIP)” is and how this “hacked firmware (110 837 MAXRIP)” has been altered. Since unaware of exactly what “hacked firmware (110 837 MAXRIP)” is how this Firmware has been altered suggest using Official Pioneer DVR-110D version 1.41 Firmware and using the Media Code Speed Edit tool apply the “Increase Read Speed/RPC-1 Region Free/Enable BitSetting” patches to the Official version 1.41 Firmware and the “Allow Same To Same Flashing” to the Official version 1.41 Flasher. Suggest reviewing the Read First threads titled “MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for Pioneer DVD-Writers” and “Post new firmware and tool ANNOUNCEMENTS here”.

You should read the Forum Rules. The CD Freaks Forum does not support and/or condone Piracy.

Regards,
bjkg