Help with optiarc A7200s 1.06 firmware flash

vbimport

Grateful for any help with A7200s firmware. Need to make region free tried Liggy + Dees firmwares (many thanks to them for tutorial) dumping old firmware worked as did loading new tried 1z3 rpc1 and 106 rpc1. According to device manager no region recorded but unable to play any discs and on exiting drive windows media center was black and white until disc ejected then colour came back. Thanks for any input david

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=davidbee;2488366]Grateful for any help with A7200s firmware.(…)dumping old firmware worked as did loading new tried 1z3 rpc1 and 106 rpc1.[/quote]Why this ancient firmware? Latest official version is 1.0A, Liggy&Dee have some 1.0B.

According to device manager no region recorded but unable to play any discs
Please try VLC (www.videolan.org)
and on exiting drive windows media center was black and white until disc ejected then colour came back.
What happens, if you go back to stock firmware? (from here: http://www.sony-optiarc.eu/supportservice/downloads/dvddrivesdesktoppcs/ad7200s.html)
It is not impossible that commercial DVD playback software does not like RPC1 drives. Also, they often have their own region counter :rolleyes:

Michael

Hi Michael
I have gone back to my original firmware from saved file and everything works as it should with the drive on region 4.
I used that particular rpc1 firmware from liggy because they were 1.06 same as my original.
thanks david

Hi,[QUOTE=davidbee;2488482]
I have gone back to my original firmware from saved file and everything works as it should with the drive on region 4. [/quote]Thanks. This confirms my theory, that the multimedia software you are using is to blame.

I used that particular rpc1 firmware from liggy because they were 1.06 same as my original.
Having the latest firmware on the drive isn’t a bad idea at all. Instead of the RPC1, you may try the Autoreset patched firmwares (I have only seen 1.0B).

Michael

Hi
thanks again I will try the 1.0b firmware

[QUOTE=davidbee;2488964]Hi
thanks again I will try the 1.0b firmware[/QUOTE]Do not use the RPC1, but the “Auto” version.

Michael

OK thanks I’ll try it this weekend

Thanks Michael I tried the 1.0b auto and it works perfectly.

Thanks again for your time and advice David

You’re very Welcome :slight_smile:

Glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Michael