HELP WITH -- Nero 7.9.6.0

i have been using this version of nero for a while and it has worked perfectly for me . but i recently reinstalled windows xp pro , same as previous install . and my nero wont refresh the new files . I use nero Express

Nero 7.9.6.0

Heres what i want it to do .

1 - say i burn a folder which has 5 files in it , i burn them in multisession mode so i can add files later .

2 - Now a few days pass and i have add 5 more files into this folder .

3 - now when i put the disc back in (dvd-rw ) in doesnt display the new files in nero express window as it used to do . only the last 5 files , it should be showing a total of 10 files , 5 previously burned ones and the 5 new ones .

can anyone help me on this .

There could be a bug in Nero (not unusual). I had the same problem until I started to save a session at the end of burn, when it asks you to do it.

that’s multysession, it’s not uncomon for that to happen, even with other progs, why? I dont know, others here will no doubt know.

[quote=ghosts;2051185]i 3 - now when i put the disc back in (dvd-rw )…[/quote]Multisession on DVD is not reliable at all. Even less reliable on anything other that DVD+RW discs.

Is originally only designed for CD…

thanks , but it did all work ok b4 . when i insert the dvd into the drive nero refreshes the data on the disc ok with a little box that pops up saying no new files added , but there are new files in that folder . so it should say 5 new files added .

What you’ve experienced is exactly that unreliability. You might have to use something like ISObuster to recover all the sessions’ contents.

[QUOTE=ghosts;2051708]thanks , but it did all work ok b4 . when i insert the dvd into the drive nero refreshes the data on the disc ok with a little box that pops up saying no new files added , but there are new files in that folder . so it should say 5 new files added .[/QUOTE]

That does not mean it will work all the time. I, sometime, use Nero Recode to burn DVD. Few times I can change a title name of DVD in the application, most of the time no.
I did not get any reasonable answer from their support, when i asked, either.

ok thanks for all the advice .
i uninstalled that version , and reinstalled an earlier version 7.5.1.1 and it works perfectly . does everything i need it to do .

thanks .:slight_smile: