Help with my HDMI CONNECTION (Mitsubishi WD-60735)

[qanda]This thread is about the Mitsubishi WD-60735. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hello all,

i recently bought a mitsubishi WD-60735 1080 DLP. The FIOS guy came and installed it with his HDMI cable…it works great. I went out a bought some new HDMI cables but when they are hooked up, I get picture for about 10 secs and then the screen turns green but I keep my audio. The same thing has happened on 4 cables, so it has to be the tv. I know its not broken because it works fine with the HDMI cable now, Im just trying to upgrade. Any ideas on why this wont work:confused:?

Your TV has 3 HDMI inputs, Does your problem occur on all 3?

:cool::cool:

i did not try the 3rd one,but the 1st 2 inputs yes. I was thinking that the fios guy might of programmed something or whatnot because it works right now with his hdmi cable. i would just like to upgrade to a better hdmi cable without the screen turning green

What version are the cables that you bought?

Are they Ver 1.3a?, because that is what your T.V. supports.

Mitsubishi recommends you use category 2 (highspeed)HDMI cables to connect HDMI 1.3a source devices. High-speed category 2 cables bring you the full benefits of Deep Color and x.v.Color.

What brand of cables did you buy?

What brand is the cable that the FIOS guy used and what version if possible?

hello again,

I have tried 2 different brands. SONY and MEDIABRIDGE. Im not sure about the sony cable I bought but the mediabridge cables are 1.3b Cat.2. The HDMI cable from FIOS has no specs on it at all so I have no ida abut that one. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Have you tried asking what the FIOS guy did?

Since the FIOS cable is working and the ones that you have are not and they meet the specifications puzzles me. Maybe the cables are not what they are suppose to be :confused: I was thinking possibly a bad HDMI port, but this would not be so if the FIOS guy’s cable is working properly and yours are not.

If the FIOS guy’s cable is working, I would be curious to know what he says about the cable.

Your TV is set to auto recognize when you plug cables into it, Is the auto feature working properly?

In the TV’s setup have you tried doing it manually?

It’s also recommended that you turn your TV on first before turning your box on. This allows the HDCP handshake to happen properly.

Do your component inputs work properly?

[QUOTE=jacknbrew;2202481]i did not try the 3rd one,but the 1st 2 inputs yes. I was thinking that the fios guy might of programmed something or whatnot because it works right now with his hdmi cable.[B] i would just like to upgrade to a better hdmi cable[/B] without the screen turning green[/QUOTE]
I don’t know what exactly you mean by that. To me “a better hdmi cable” is the one that works. I have also seen instances where “better” 1.3a cables (which are supposed to be backward compatible) did not work, while an older regular did.

You did not mention if in fact you have any devices that call for 1.3a cables.

I would ask the FIOS guy what brand of cable he used. Usually official 1.3a certified cables are branded as such, look on the connectors if there is nothing on the cable. Unfortunately it’s almost impossible to to get non 1.3a cables these days.

If you want to buy more you could try here, read the customer reviews:

Here’s a thicker gauge model:

His T.V. calls for HDMI Ver 1.3a Cat 2

His has been trying HDMI Ver 1.3b Cat 2

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2203825]His T.V. calls for HDMI Ver 1.3a Cat 2

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]
Hmm… so you then think the Monoprice cables I linked to will work?

I am little baffled why the ones he is using are not working. The ones you have listed should work fine. I would like to know what the FIOS guy did. There should not be some funky menu to go into to make the cables work.

[quote=platinumsword;2203825]His T.V. calls for HDMI Ver 1.3a Cat 2

:cool::cool:[/quote]
According to wikipedia, the difference between 1.3a & 1.3b is that 1.3b allows additional connector profiles.

I know that.

This does not help the poster with his problem though. Some questions still need to be answered.