Help with LOTR BFME 2

vbimport

alright im tryinging 2 play lord of the rings bfme 2 with out using the disc,its the 6disc CD one,
i hav alcohol 120% ver 1.9.5(build 3823) and YASU(latest ver)

now i tried making an image of the game using alchol 120% while it was doing the image it did a shit a load of errors but it still went thru, after it was done i tried running the image but it said i need 2 insert CD disc1

then i tried making a cd copy thru alcohol 120% but when it was done, i tried running the copied disc but i got error from the file game.dat

sp yeah im stuck, i hav YASU but not exactly sure how or when 2 use the program…so plz help

*note i have the original discs, im just trying 2 back it up

Welcome limil,

you don’t have to use exclamation marks for your topic it… Scan the installation directory of LOTR using Protection ID for the used protection and post your result here?

it uses SafeDisc 4.60

well i thought it was safedisc 4.60 but just right now i ran A-Ray scanner and it said safedisc 2/3, so yeah now im not sure wat 2 do

A-Ray is out of date use Protection ID instead which is updated on a regular basis.

well i thought it was safedisc 4.60 but just right now i ran A-Ray scanner and it said safedisc 2/3

this is output of sector scan, don´t scan your cd/dvd drive :wink:
scan the installation folder on your hard drive. afaik the game.dat is the safedisc protected exe.

i have alcohol 52%
i make image of the disc BFME 2 and i installed it
but i cant play becuse every time i run the game
there is a message which says “Please insert the correct DVD-ROM”

(this happens when i dont insert my orginal disc but when i have the image disc from alcohol)

what should i do???

[QUOTE=Corvinus;2091487]i have alcohol 52%
i make image of the disc BFME 2 and i installed it
but i cant play becuse every time i run the game
there is a message which says “Please insert the correct DVD-ROM”

(this happens when i dont insert my orginal disc but when i have the image disc from alcohol)

what should i do???[/QUOTE]

Mostly likely some kinda media or file protection that alcohol isn’t able to bypass. This leads you to only one choice use your original disk to play the game. Unfortunatly game companies forgot to value the buyers rather they are in for the money only. So your in a bind having to use original media to play.

@Corvinus
After you’ve mounted the image open Alcohol’s [I]DVD/CD drive EDM system[/I] (under View) and deactivate your optical IDE drives.
Alternatively you can try the already mentioned tool YASU (execute -> Cloak)

dude cant do it
can you explain it to me plz?

re: Bfme2

I Got The Dvd Version So This What I Do I Downloaded Virtual Drive 11.6 Seardh Google For It Its From Farstone Then Make A Image Then Mount It Into The Virtual Drive Then Run A Program Called Safe Disc Nightmare Use Google To Find It Ps. Get The Trial Of Virtual Drive It Will Still Work After 30 Days