Help with Lite-On DVD Recorder and SETUP

vbimport

I’m setting up a Lite-On LVW-1107HC1 DVD Recorder and I am not getting a response from the recorder thru the remote control in order to access the SETUP menu. The remote control DOES POWER UP/OFF the unit and also opens and closes the DVD tray. So I know a signal is getting to the recorder. But I cannot get the SETUP Menu to display, which means I cannot get the recorder to the next step to see if it will record.

I have tried these 3 connections described in the Quick Start Guide:

1. Antenna into DISH satellite receiver box with RF cable. RF Cable Out from Satellite box into VCR with RF cable. RF Cable out from VCR into DVD Recorder. RF cable out to TV.
  2. DISH satellite antenna in to VCR with RF cable. AV Cables output to input VCR AV cables
  3. Antenna into DISH satellite receiver box with RF cables Out from satellite box to DVD recorder IN with RV cable. AV cables from DVD recorder out to TV

None of these connections gives me the SETUP menu screen when I press the SETUP key on the remote control.

I thought recording staright to DVD would be as easy as using a VCR. But now I know I need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. So if there are any out there I would really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

wrong forum, post here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Sorry- thought the link I clicked after I registered took me to the right forum. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

macbro, I’ve moved this thread to the " Lite-On DVD Recorder and Player Forum" and deleted the new one you started. If you post in the wrong forum, please make a request to a moderator of the forum concerned, to move you post to the correct forum. Just starting another post breaks our rules by having to posts about the same thing (crossposting). Thanks. :slight_smile:

chok0, if you could suggest this in future, it would be appreciated. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I’m no expert “but” take the unit back and exchange it for another and another and another until you get one that works. We consumers are the last if not the only quality control. ///bobbo.

First post and title changed at thread starters request. :wink:

I just got the same model and have the exact same problem! I know it’s connected right, but there’s nothing displayed from the DVD recorder. What I don’t understand about it is the RF output from the recorder that connects to the tv says “no dvd output cable pass through” or something.

Did you take yours back?