HELP with Jeepers Creepers 2

Hello i have the Movie Jeepers Creepers-2 made in 2003 The U S A 1 does any BODY know what DVDFAB will work on it cause it keeps time out on me and if not can SOME 1 send me the DIRECTION on how to send the file to Fengtao also have tried the new virson of dvd have been all the way back to 5 and can not get it to GO THANKS :cool:

Try diabling PathPlayer in common settings, a movie this old probably doesn’t need it. Be sure to set it back to always enable after.

Going to agree with 90312 on trying PathPlayer disabled.
My question is what is the condition of the DVD you are trying to copy ?
A badly scratched disc is much harder to copy.

well it is a clean disk and i have diabled pathplayer ever way it could and still no go it will get to about 26.65 % and go to this Retry-Abort-Ignore-Igmore All have EVEN TRIED a driffent burner i thank u for the fast reply :cool:

Sounding like a poorly manufactured DVD, check the logs and I’ll bet you see read error(s). Set Fab to ignore all errors and you might get a backup you can watch??

[QUOTE=kacal;2606907]well it is a clean disk and i have diabled pathplayer ever way it could and still no go it will get to about 26.65 % and go to this Retry-Abort-Ignore-Igmore All have EVEN TRIED a driffent burner i thank u for the fast reply :cool:[/QUOTE]

It’s harder to tell if it’s properly clean than most people would imagine.

I’ve had discs before with no visible dirt that didn’t read properly (even one I’d just bought that hadn’t been played) and they read fine after cleaning.

You’ve nothing to lose by cleaning it so wipe it gently with a soft lint free cloth and some isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirits. These are safe to use on polycarbonate and won’t damage the disc.

Don’t get any on the label side though as they can smudge certain types of ink used to print on commercial discs.

It that doesn’t work then you may have very small scratches on the disc but there are quite a few methods of dealing with this.

It’s surprising how much a very small scratch, that just happens to be in the wrong orientation, can affect the laser.

Oh and I’ve made the thread title more relevant as anyone searching for this particular topic wouldn’t be able to find it otherwise. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I’ve got the R2 version of this disc, and backed it up successfully quite some time ago with DVDFab - a couple of years ago in fact, so the version is hard to recall…but then since copy protection on the disc is most likely different dependant on region, I too would go with the damaged/dirty/poorly manufactured disc.

You don’t say what drive(s) you’re using - some drives are more tolerant of faulty/damaged discs than others…?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2606940]…some drives are more tolerant of faulty/damaged discs than others…?[/QUOTE]

That’s very true and in general I’ve found writers to be better at reading troublesome discs compared to ROM drives presumably since the laser is more sensitive but I don’t know if that’s true overall. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2606944]That’s very true and in general I’ve found writers to be better at reading troublesome discs compared to ROM drives presumably since the laser is more sensitive but I don’t know if that’s true overall. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Ah, that’s interesting (I only ever used one DVD-ROM, for a very short time before it died!) - I have only experienced ripping with burners. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2606945]Ah, that’s interesting (I only ever used one DVD-ROM, for a very short time before it died!) - I have only experienced ripping with burners. :)[/QUOTE]

In the early days I always had a DVD-ROM drive and a writer for a number of reasons.

The main one was that writers were very much more expensive back then but also RPC1 and non-riplocked firmwares were more readily available for the ROM drives and ripping in the ROM drive saved wear and tear on the more expensive writer.

All of that is pretty much redundant now and DVD-writers are ridiculously cheap.

I still have my trusty Sony DDU1613 ROM drive which I’ve used for long time now, and continue to use purely because I have it, but if it ever packs in I’ll probably get a Blu-ray writer to replace it.

[B]Wombler[/B]

;)Yes all R Good answers so i look and the Movie was badly scratch so had to get a NEW COPY AND IT IS WORKING so thanks 4 all the replys…:smiley:

O i have 2 drivers on the ole PC 1 a Lite-ON dont know what model and a Sony DRU 610 which i use all the time Blank is T Y 02 ever time …:cool:

[QUOTE=kacal;2607061];)Yes all R Good answers so i look and the Movie was badly scratch so had to get a NEW COPY AND IT IS WORKING so thanks 4 all the replys…:smiley:

O i have 2 drivers on the ole PC 1 a Lite-ON dont know what model and a Sony DRU 610 which i use all the time Blank is T Y 02 ever time …:cool:[/QUOTE]

Ah good, glad to hear you’re sorted!

Taiyo Yuden media is probably the best media out there so stick with them. :iagree::wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2607091]Ah good, glad to hear you’re sorted!

Taiyo Yuden media is probably the best media out there so stick with them. :iagree::wink:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

^^ What Wombler said, glad you got your backup in the end :smiley:

So the disc was scratched . There is a program named H2cdimage that has worked on some badly scratched DVD discs for me. That is what it’s designed for.
It has to be used with a decrypter & in keeping with the DVDFab subforum policy it works with Passkey lite.
I know you got a new disc this time but you still might give this a try both are freeware.

On the DVD-ROM drives . I’ve never had one but a couple of years ago a friend used his to rip a disc that neither of us could rip with our newer burner drives. This was either with DVDFab or it’s competiter.
The movie was W . This DVD-ROM drive was a RPC-1 . An old drive not one flashed to RPC-1 . I don’t remember the model .