Help with HDCP

Ok so i just bought LG GGC-H20L for my PC to play back HD DVD’s and Blue-Rays thinking my system meets HDCP requirements. But when I run cyberlink advisor it says my connection is Digital: (without HDCP)
This is my video card: SAPPHIRE 100185L Radeon X1950XT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported VIVO HDCP Video Card - Retail. And my HDTV is LTV-32W6 HD. My tv supports HDCP and i thought all x1950 series supported HDCP…I use a DVI to HDMI cable to hook up to my TV as the only monitor…what could be the problem? Thanks for any help.

-Ryan

Digital: (without HDCP)
Is that the only “red” shown? Is there any other red or yellow on Cyberlink BD/HD Advisor? Are you using the latest advisor v1.0.2418.0?

Yes that and the HD-DVD equipment. but I think I found the solution. On the ATI site in small print it shows this for the x1950 series

• Playing HDCP content requires additional HDCP ready components, including but not limited to an HDCP ready monitor, disc drive, multimedia application and computer operating system

So I should be able to tell in the next couple days when i install the blue-ray/hd-dvd drive. I thought it would still show up as HDCP green light without the drive…We shall see… and thanks for the reply

-Ryan

To successfully play HD on a PC you need the video card, sound card, and monitor to all have an HDCP chip to go with the HDCP DVD player. Also you need HDMI cable.

Check out this htt**p://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html I’m certain it cures your connection problem. This product comes with 21 days evaluation period.

Remove ** in link to view page, as some sites don’t like direct linking.

HD-DVD
watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.

Blu-Ray
watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Yes with Anydvdhd you can do this. You can read about it and download the trial right here on our forum.
http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/Diagnostic_-Utility/Slysoft/AnyDVD-HD.html

Does AnyDVD HD allow you to play HD movies over VGA and DVI connections? Or do you at least require HDMI?

I don’t know anything about this stuff yet so I apologize if that was a ridiculous question.

I had the same thing show up yesterday with advisor; once I installed PowerDVD advisor shows all Green.

I have the same question as Sauceful. I have a HTPC with HDMI out and DVI out but I still haven’t plunked down the cash for a HD TV so my question is if I get a blu-ray drive and the software, will I be able to output on a vga monitor or on my TV via s-video

I’ve got the same problem but I’ve already got all the HDCP compliant equipment but red on the video connection type – Digital (without HDCP)

GGC - H20L
Ati X1900Xt
KDS 24mdwb monitor Digital connection
PowerDVD BD-HD 2ch. version comes with the LG drive
all claim HDCP compliant?
Latest version cyberlink Advisor.

Any Ideas Thanks