Help with Gigabyte GO-W1623A-RH

Newbie here!

I made a huge mistake, i bought a burner without researching, now im stuck with this unit that has no support!!!

can anyone help me? i dont know if my drive supports book type settings or bitsettings… i currently think it doesnt as nero doesnt give me that option. i know its stupid but is there anyway at all i can burn my dvd-r’s as dvd-rom?

Welcome to cdfreaks. :slight_smile:

Your drive is a Lite-On OEM.
Have you tried to set booktype with utility here.

BTW, bitsetting on DVD-R’s only works in theory.
And please, take it easy young man, crossposting is not allowed.

im sorry about that! may i ask a question though, when i try to burn DVD-R’s with my burner and try it with my other dvd drive it doesnt read the disk, do you think the problem lies on my burner, my media or my other drive?

what would you advise for me to make more generally compatible DVDs?

Appreciate the help!

Hard to tell out of information you provided sofar where your problem lies.
To start with try other +R high quality media (like Yuden, Verbatim, Maxell…) to start with.

Check out if your drive is compatible with Kprobe and/or Nero CD-DVD Speed and run some quality (PI/PO) tests. Read/download mentioned utilities here.

Just finished running tests with Kprobe, not sure what it means though, i guess ill read around abit… could you tell me if somethings wrong here:

Date : 2/1/2006 6:52:47 PM
Model : 0-0-1-0 F:GIGABYTEGO-W1623A Y8S3
Disc : DVD-RW , OPTODISCW002 [Opto Disc]
Speed : Max
ECC blocks sum (PI/PIF) : 8/1
Scanned range : 0 - 2297840
Sampling count : 110955
Errors : 0
PI Max : 86
PI Average : 12.16
PI Total : 208815
PIF Max : 8
PIF Average : 0.46
PIF Total : 7969

Date : 2/1/2006 6:43:54 PM
Model : 0-0-1-0 F:GIGABYTEGO-W1623A Y8S3
Disc : DVD-RW , OPTODISCW002 [Opto Disc]
Speed : Max
Scanned range : 0 - 231000h
ADER Max : 0.0
ADER Average : 0.00
ADER Total : 0
Cont. Max : 6
Cont. Average : 0.06
Cont. Total : 4076

I’ve learned so much about DVDs and DVD burners in just 2 days! i love this forum!