Thanks for the replies and I'll answer some stuff so maybe I can get some more help on anything to improve the burns.
First I was using Nero Recode2 trial version and the speed the first scan was burnt at was 2.4x I think which is pretty low. I always close out any applications , shut off the screensaver and make sure my hard drives are defragged. I also didn't encounter any buffer underruns.
Now after I posted this I changed a few things.
First I had a DVD-ROM on the same IDE cable as the burner , although they were setup properly with master & slave I decided to just unhook the DVD-ROM.
I also changed some IDE settings in Bios to Auto because they were on disabled before. Don't know if this did anything but I read somewhere that it should be on auto. Also made sure DMA was enabled and it was already.
So after doing that I did this burn at 4x speed , same media but I used Clone2DVD trial this time instead of nero. This disc played flawless in my older player without any skips , pixelation or anything. Here is the scan for it