Help with DVD Player

vbimport

OK folks. I appreciate the help you gave me on Burning a DVD.
I just remembered another problem I’m having.
I have a Sharp Aquosconnected to a Yamaha Receiver and a regular Sony DVD Player. It is not Blue Ray. The TV has a Great picture. However, when I play a DVD, I’m getting a green tint. The picture is clear.
I have AT&T UVERSE with everything running to my TV except the two Component Cables runing from the Receiver to the DVR. I’m using Coax on the DVD to the TV. Do you think if I used Component Plugs instead of Coax, it would help make the picture better? I think someone said you can’t get “Progressive Scan” with Coax. Any suggestions?
Thanks, ptfitzy

I guess, the cable is faulty or not properly connected. At first, try reconnecting the cables. If this does not help, then try a new cable.

Michael

Yes, use Component, that will give you better color separation and good picture quality. :cool:

Thanks. Do you know much about Stereo Receivers?

I know the basics on Stereo Receivers. What do you want to know? If you want the sound to come out of your Receiver Speakers, you have to come out of your components to the Receiver first. We were talking about Component coming out of your DVD Player, this is for Video 3 RC Connectors Red, Blue, and Green. You also have to connect the Sound, 2 RC Connectors Red and White which can go to your Receiver if you want the Sound to come out of your Receiver Speakers. :cool:

Just to clarify for most Stereo Receivers you only need the audio cables connected.
To go further information on the specific Stereo Receiver is necessary as well as what units you are wanting to connect to it.
For example if you have a digital in on the receiver it doesn’t do anything if none of the units in have a digital out.

I’m having problems with a Yamaha Receiver. I am unable to get the Microphone that sets up the speakers to work which it did about a year ago… I am also getting a green tint on DVD’s I’m playing on my DVD Player. I have coax cables connected to the DVD Player. Someone said possibly switching to Component cables might correct that. Both are unrelated. I was screwing with the “Volume Trim” of the Reeiver. When I turned on the the Receiver before, it was the same Volume as before. Now when I turn it off and turn it on, there is no Volume. I have to turn up the Volume. Lastly, I am ocassionally getting voice coming out of the Center Speaker coming out my left speaker when it’s on a Dolby Channel “Neo 6”…Thanks for offering your help.
ptfitzy

[QUOTE=ptfitzy;2617377] I am also getting a green tint on DVD’s I’m playing on my DVD Player. I have coax cables connected to the DVD Player. Someone said possibly switching to Component cables might correct that.[/QUOTE]

Someone, that was me, I think Component would help. It sounds like you have the connections all mixed up, and you should start all over again. I don’t think the DVD Player will work over Coax, so you must have Composite hooked up, that’s the Yellow RC Cable. So I think you should pull everything down and look at your User Manuals and hook it back up logically. Think of everything you want to hook up as the Source, and your TV Display as the Input for all this. Your Receiver handles the Sound for all these components. It sounds like you have some double connections and not going through your Receiver first. :cool:

Thanks a lot.
I’ll try those things.