Help with Dvd Burn Quality Lite-On SOHW-812S

I have a Lite-On SOHW-812S. It works wonderful until I try to burn DVD-Video. I do have the latest firmware from Lite-onit and I use the latest version of Nero and I have tried several different brands of disks. I have also tried -r and +r and get the same result. I might get lucky with one out of 5 DVDs will burn correctly. I have tried different burn speeds also. I never get any errors when burning but when I playback in my home DVD player or my lite-on the video will hang/freeze and may continue or will show large squares (become pixilated??) and crash.

Is there a technical term for what is happening when it hangs that I can search on to find a solution?

Am I going to find a solution other than purchasing a different burner?

Are there other settings I can set to keep this from happening?

I have tried using Nero Express and selecting DVD-Video Files and dragging the files into the video ts folder dropping down the speed and selecting burn. I have tried doing a simulation first and “determine Maximum speed”

Thanks Guys for your help!
:bow:

welcome mike4421…can you post a few Kprobe 2.4.2 scans @ 4x scan speed? You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to help you read the scans. You also should read Please read: Posting guidelines for this forum linked from the top of the forum homepage. To post the scans, save the finished scan, with disc still in the drive, by clicking the diskette icon in the upper right, and save as a .PNG file. Attach file by using the ‘manage attachments’ button in the ‘go advanced’ reply window.

it tries the firmware sony vy06, I am well me.

regards

Okay here is the kprobe scann at 4x. It doesn’t list any read errors but when I scann it with DVDINFOPRO and run the CD/DVD CRC Read Error Test I get several. Are they testing several diffrent things?

Can you post a scan from a dvd+r disc? Perhaps resetting eeprom and flashing to CG3E helps?

Post the Nero Infotool output.

Not really. The spikes look like buffer underuns or dirty/scratched media. Without the spikes the burn would be ok.

Okay here is the Nero Info Tool Info

@ mike4421

Description : Slave: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-812S
Type : CD-Rom Drive
DMA : Off
Autorun : Off

I would suggest putting your dvd burner as master and your rom as slave on this channel. You can also see that DMA is not enabled…it is a surprise it burnt as well as you did! When you switch the drives, it should also enable DMA when you restart. You can check by going to Control Panel>System>Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers>Secondary Channel>advanced settings. Under ‘current transfer mode’ it should say ‘Ultra DMA mode 2’. You can also check again with nero infotool as above. Try this first, then do a burn and kprobe it, and repost results. I find that it is a good thing to wait 15 minutes or so after a burn before kprobing to give the dye time to ‘set’ a bit. There are other things that can be done, but I think this is a good first step.

thanks I will post again on Monday