Help with DL scans

vbimport

Hi! I’m new in the forum and this is my first post;)

For the first time I tried to burn a dual layer DVD using Nero. The burn process ends without errors but the tests with dvd-speed are very bad:(

I used Verbatim DVD9+R DL Azo printable
Nero 7.2
DVD writer Pioneer DVR-212D

The first burn was at 8x, this is the graph

There are peaks where there is the layer break…is it normal?:confused:

So I burned another disc at 2.4x to see if the speed is the problem…but I had worst results:eek:

At last I burned another DVD with the burner of my HP laptop, an HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N, at 4x speed using Nero 8

Worst:eek:…after this I don’t know where I get wrong…I changed burner but the graph still shows pif errors at layer breaks!

I tried the dvd on a stand alone player skipping the chapters and it apparently works…but I don’t want a dvd that among 1 year is unreadable.:frowning:

Someone can tell me how to write these disc correctly?

Thanks;)

p.s. I’m an italian guy…I apologize for my not perfect english!:bigsmile:

DVD writer Pioneer DVR-212D

The first burn was at 8x, this is the graph

Try burning it @ 4x or 6x with this burner.
BTW don’t use nero to burn DL’s. Use ImgBurn.

Not the best burns there, I would use IMG burn instead of Nero. Also, like rakter said, 4x is probably the safest speed.

I also don’t use my liteons for DL burns as I think they’re not as good as my Pioneers are. Use the pioneer @ 4x and see what happens.

Are your DL media made in India or Singapore?

Think I… it is MII :iagree:
I never had Zero score Verb DL scan ( MIS )

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2010202]Think I it is MII :iagree:[/QUOTE]

I bet is 8x burn on a 2.4x certified media.
At least on my plextor 6x is the sweetspot.
Even MII wouldn’t look that crappy on the 2nd layer, 28 pif max! :X

[QUOTE=rakter;2010203]I bet is 8x burn on a 2.4x certified media.
At least on my plextor 6x is the sweetspot.
Even MII wouldn’t look that crappy on the 2nd layer, 28 pif max! :X[/QUOTE]

Sorry I don’t understand, what MII means?
The DVD’s are made in Singapore and on the box is written 2.4x as certified speed.
I’ll try to burn it at 4x with IMG burn:iagree: and I’ll show you the graph!

Made in [B]India[/B] or Made in [B]Singapore[/B] ?

Singapore…

[QUOTE=matrix01;2010233]Sorry I don’t understand, what MII means?
The DVD’s are made in Singapore and on the box is written 2.4x as certified speed.
I’ll try to burn it at 4x with IMG burn:iagree: and I’ll show you the graph![/QUOTE]

Burn @4x on the pioneer, btw, does it permit 6x?

If you open cd/dvd speed & go to create data disk under burn speed options it will give you the available burn speed options. What options of speed does it give you. 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, my pioneer gives me these options.

I recently bought some MIS 2.4x DL Verbies that have a similar problem. Thank goodness mine involve the last fourth of the second layer instead of the first part as matrix01’s do. ImgBurn lets me “juggle” layers some to avoid using that area. But MIS MKM-001 can be problematic, too.

@matrix01 - BTW since I don’t think anybody has said it yet, welcome to CD Freaks! :slight_smile:

You said they’re printables right? Were the scans before or after printing(assuming you bothered to print them)?

I’ve also had a spindle of MIS MKM001 similiar to your first scan regardless of burner and it wasn’t recently manufactured discs.

Nero is ok. I have better 8x burn than 4x or 6x from my 112D.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2010480]If you open cd/dvd speed & go to create data disk under burn speed options it will give you the available burn speed options. What options of speed does it give you. 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, my pioneer gives me these options.[/QUOTE]

I have the speeds that you say…2.4x, 4x,6x,8x:iagree:

[QUOTE=chaosoffar2k;2010480]You said they’re printables right? Were the scans before or after printing(assuming you bothered to print them)?[/QUOTE]

The scans were before printing

[QUOTE=larc919;2010480]@matrix01 - BTW since I don’t think anybody has said it yet, welcome to CD Freaks![/QUOTE]

Thank you;)

This was burn @4x with Pioneer using IMGBurn 2.4

It’s my best result:iagree:…but there are still lots of pif errors near the layer break…how can I avoid them?

Btw, do you have the latest firmware on the Pioneer?
Give a 6x try, if the problem persists, ask Verbatim a refund.
Bah, they look bad, my +r dl printable are great, specialy @4x on the Litey or 6x on the px 760

PS: Yeah Welcome to the burning area :stuck_out_tongue: (aka CDFreaks).
Burn Freeeee. xD

Verbatim 2.4x up to 6x* 10pk Spindle (MIS) :Z
Burned @ 4x

[QUOTE=dud89;2010936]Verbatim 2.4x up to 6x* 10pk Spindle (MIS) :Z
Burned @ 4x[/QUOTE]

Which burner?

[QUOTE=rakter;2010993]Which burner?[/QUOTE]

Same Burner I’m scanning with.

[QUOTE=dud89;2011044]Same Burner I’m scanning with.[/QUOTE]

I’d say that the burner might not be the best for dl burning.
At least isn’t very recent.