Help with DIVX to DVD guide

vbimport

Help plz! i`ve just followed this guide http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61142http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61142

took about 4 hours to complete, the files play fine in dvd software
but when i come to author them in Tmpeg DVD author it says the following…“the combined bitrate of the clip exceeds the upper limit for a Standard DVD
the current birate video is 9800kbps, audio 192kbps, combined 9992kbps, the combined video and audio bitrate can be no more than 9848kbps”

how do i get around this without re-encoding/transcoding again, i followed the tutorial to a tee, is there something i missed?

thanks in adv,

Sorry, I should have mentioned in the tute, just ignor the error. Clearly the Max bitrate you encoded to was 9000 (as in the Tute. TMPGEnc just sees this as 9800 for some reason.

cheers m8, just wanted to be sure as this was my first dvd burn, must be a bug in tmpeg dvd author!, i burnt anyway and it played flawless in my standalone player, xbox, and ps2, just for the record i wrote at 1x on bulkpaq gen 3 r2 (purple) Pioneer 105 f/w 1.30 nero latest version.

once again thx for the reply :bigsmile:

NP’s, but would suggest upping your 105 f/w to 1.33, its very good indead. I’m able to read stuff now flawlessly that 1.30 struggled to read.

Hi, i have another problem dvd-r`s i burn are only recognised in the pioneer 105 burner and not in my other pc dvd-rom drives???

ive tried different brands , latest nero, recordnowmax, my pc-dvdroms drives are fairly new and have no problem with any other dvd-r, ive tried the above media mentioned also a few princo DVD-RW all done at 1x. still no joy, would upgrading the firmware from 1.30 to 1.33 sort this out or is there something im not doing right, the type of discs ive done are data/iso dvd movies, xbox, and ps2, and all are fine but the discs just wont be recognised in my other pc dvd-rom drives? any ideas ?

thx in adv

Originally posted by ChickenMan
NP’s, but would suggest upping your 105 f/w to 1.33, its very good indead. I’m able to read stuff now flawlessly that 1.30 struggled to read.

Dunno about that C/Man.
Mabye just me, but I upped my Pioneer 105 to 1.33 and got loads of “power recalibration” errors. I then “forced” it back to 1.30 and everything is now fine.

Upping the firmware to latest firmware is always a good idea (many will dissagree) and despite what Pioneer says, the firmware can be forced back to earlier versions if if found problems like Active8 is suggesting.