Help with deleting partition

i want to delete a partition on my second HDD
i currently have two partitions on the drive but i dont want the second one…how can i delete only one and not the other?

Get Partition Magic if you don’t want to lose all your data. There are some free partition tools out there, but I don’t have any experience with them. Another alternative is to back up your data on the drive and then reformat.

I couldn’t agree more. :iagree: I find Partition Magic to be the best.

Something tells me this post is going to get beaten like a dead horse…

Partition Magic is now owned by Symantec (bought out Power Quest). I find that 9 out of 10 times no problems. But if you get hit with that one time you will lose everything on the hard drive so backup before you use it.

problem is that i cannot backup cause my C drive has too little space…

i’ll take my chances.

Use Norton Ghost or something like it and backup onto either a CD or DVD. Ghost will backup directly to the removable media. If you do a google search for “Langa List backup utilities” you should get a good idea of how to backup.

Please be specific about what you want to do. Do you want to merge the 2 partitions? If so, you can only do this with a tool like Partition Magic or Acronis.

Do you simply want to re-format that one partition? If so, Windows will do this for you. Go to Disc Management.

Try Bootit NG. It’s 100% free for 30 days full trial. The download is less than 1MB.