Help with copying vhs to dvd Lg Model : GSA-5169D

Dear CD Freaks,
I am trying to convert vhs to dvd but my dvd writer (the Lg Dvd writer Model: GSA-5169D) keeps saying that the video is copy protected and then will not record. I have read some of the posts on that topic and have contacted customer support but they have not responded yet. Would you please help me?

Thx in advance.
Ajrolfs1

Check out this link:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=16750&PageId=19

It explains that your burner doesn’t work well with some types of copy protection. You may or may not be able to get around that using something like CloneDVD or Alcohol 120%. Of course this is only for making personal copies of software which you own. :smiley:

Of course we bought it legally and everything we just don’t want to have all our vhs degrade and family memories be lost.

Thx.
Ajrolfs1

For converting copy protected VHS tapes to DVD, you need either a Canopus ADVC unit, an ADS PYRO AV/Link, or a SIMA unit. These are the main ones for bypassing macrovision protection.

Harley2ride. I am not finding anything besides the Canopus ADVC unit. I’m gonna try to find it on ebay and I know there is another site something like nexxsomething.com (would you please tell me what that is)that a lot of the people here get stuff from.

Thx for the quick responses I’ve gotten.
Ajrolfs1

Are you talking about The Lg DVD recorder as stand alone recorder or PC DVD writer?, if your Lg is stand alond one then you need “SIMA Video Enhancer” Sima-1 or -2 or -200 to be connected between your VHS output and your DVD input recorder. That will remove any video protection from your VHS videos.

I’m not sure what you mean by a stand alone recorder but I am trying to use the one touch feature to turn vhs’s to dvds. I have my LG GSA-5169D connected to my vhs player using video/audio cables.

Thx.
Ajrolfs1

Stand alone DVD recorder is connected directly to your TV and PC DVD writer is connected to your computer. For your purposes you be better off to buy or have DVD/VHS Combo Recorder as stand alone then you will have easiest time to convert you VHSs to DVDs.