Help with C&C Red Alert 2

vbimport

Can anyone help me to back up my C&C Red Alert 2 ( New buget version on EA Classics label)

I’m using blindread/write software, a Lite-On 40X writer with Win98.

I seem to be able to make the image and then write but when I go to plat the game from the back up disk ( in my DVD player) I get an error message " Please inserrt the correct CDROM and restart the application"

I have made back up’s before this ( C&C Tiberian Sun being one of them) so perhaps it is a known prblem with this title.

I would appreciate any help

My Sys–

AMD 1.4 266FSB
ABIT KG7 Lite
256MB
Creative Ti4600 128Mb
Lite On LTR 40125s
Matshita DVD 8587
40 GB Maxtor HD

Try a different drive, this can sometimes be the problem.

Or try CloneCD…

That is all I can help you with, other than pointing to the search to see what protection is used and what the best settings are…

Thanks, I downloaded and installed alcohol 120% and this copied it no problem.:slight_smile:

C&C red alert is protected with sd2v 2.51, when this title was released it caused quite a stir as it killed the ability for many burners(namley plextor) to copy this version of sd2. Good to know alcohol got ya thru.
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Originally posted by MrJoshua
C&C red alert is protected with sd2v 2.51

C&C Red Alert 2 - Safedisc 2.05.030
C&C Red Alert 2 Yuri’s Revenge - Safedisc 2.40.010
Maybe you were thinking of C&C Renegade - Safedisc 2.51.021

Yer sorry, my bad, you are correct :bigsmile: I was thinking of renegade ,thanks for correcting that for me.
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

After attempting to copy RA2 using BlindWrite suite like “dicky”, I also receive that “Cannot locate the CD-ROM” error message, but with the original CDs aswell as the backup copy.

So not only have I wasted a backup I seem to have lost the ability to use the original copies aswell! Can anyone help?

I can understand having the problem with the backup copy, ie not using the right software to get around the protection etc but I can’t see how or why the original copy has been affected? Have my drives’ firmware or Windows settings been altered?