Help with burning Ritek GO5

Hi im using ritek GO5 disks on a 2:0:0 - LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BPSA [E] (Ide) burner.Whenever i burn a disc they come out faulty, aroung 3/4 of the way through the film it starts to skip and go weird ans wont play anymore.Does anyone have a solution for this so when i burn the discs play fine?

Thanks

I used G05 once and was not satisfied with the (scan)result, so I avoid them in the future. The disc (recorded at 4x) however played fine. In your case I would upgrade my drive crossflashing with CS0T. Use this firmware: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares/dvdrw/1653S.CS0T.patched-cf-mcled.rar
If you want to be able to return to BPSA, backup your firmware first, using LtnFw (tools thread). And always a good advise is to make a backup of your EEPROM with the EEPROM-utility. You can use this tool also to clear the Learnt Media, making a fresh start with the new firmware.
Be aware, with crossflashing you may lose your warranty (if still valid :disagree: ).

:smiley: Leo

Ritek G05 is no longer a good media. You should copy any discs you have to better quality media and throw out your remaining stock.

just… dont use ritek, use verbatim :slight_smile: