Help with audio2dvd

guys i need some help !!! i just got an acura lt it has audio dvd aswell as cd player …i bought the audio dvd creator …i burned a dvd audio but when i try playing in the car no good it tells me FORMAT …can anyone help ?
thank you :sad:

dvd player doesn’t mean it can play DVD AUDIO.

Check the manual of the device.

Thank You For The Reply…it Says Dvd Audio On It Not Dvd Or Dvd Player …

On the device??

Maybe it’s DVD + Audio?

Can you post the content (filenames) on the disc?

In The Car On The Dash Board Where The Radio Is It Says
Dvd
Audio
There Is No Plus Sign…
WHAT DO YOU MEAN WITH THE FILE NAMES ON THE DISC? I AM SORRY I AM NEW TO THIS…

YES the Acura can play DVD Audio discs (pressed and Burned) and very nicely and you can burn your own. I have the 2006 TL and also tried my discs on my friends 2004 TL. I also tried AUDIO DVD CREATOR and it does not work in my Acura when I use it and could never figure that out. It will play on my DVD home unit but my DVD home unit does not support DVD audio it plays because standard store bought DVD audio disks have the AC3 tracks in addition to the WAV file racks (used for the Audio DVD). The program I listed below AUDIO DVD SOLO makes a pure Audio DVD that works great (-R disks only!!!). Doing pure audio DVD with solo does not waste space by putting both the AC3 and the wav it just puts the WAV and thus you get (depending on your settings (16 bit, 24 bit, 2channel or 6 channel etc) upwards of 2-3 hours of music on each. Take a look at the AUDIO DVD SOLO. I also gave links to conertion programs for MP3 and stripping DVD’s audio tracks( I have converted my entire Music VIdeo collection to music for my Acura :slight_smile:

OK here is what to do. First all DVD audio disks use the WAV format and the DVD must be burned in a special format. You MUST use DVD -R in order for it to work in the acura TL (or any acura). You can strip tracks from your DVD video disks, convert your MP3’s to *.wav files. Your Acura does not have the ability to decode MP3 directly.

Here is what I use:

Go here ( This is a free program that you can use to convert your MP3’s)
http://www.mp3fe.com/
Click Download on the upper left and then download
mp3-2-wav converter

Go here (there is a free 30 day trial but is inexpensive to get license)
http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/
Download DVD Audio extractor
this will let you strip any DVD audio track into the *.wav files it can do 5 channel DTS, 6 channel AC3 digital dolby and 2 channel stereo and generate the files you can use to burn you DVD’s

Now they key is to burn with the following program. This will burn the *wav files you generated with the above SW and enjoy them in your ACURA. Also this program can RRIP your CD collection and you can get roughly 6 or 7 CD’s onto 1 DVD. You can use the group feature but the acura does not support auto switch from group to group you have to do it manually by simultaneously pressing SCAN & RPT for a few seconds.

http://www.cirlinca.com

Download AUDIO DVD SOLO (this gives you I think 5 free burns I purchased the Lisence and its only $34.95

I have no affiliation with any of this. Hope this helps.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! I WILL TRY THEM !!! :flower:

I assumed you have an Acura but I am sure it will work in any DVD player that carries the DVD Audio label as yours does.

Also I forgot to mention that the DVD-Audio Solo program can RIP CD’s to the proper format. There is a bug however in that if you rip multiple CD’s in one project it does not work. For now but I have not tried it but it states it can rip CD to Wav and then you can use those WAV files (or CDA files can be used also) in DVD-Audio SOLO

http://www.mgshareware.com/frmmain.shtml

I will post again when I hear back from Cirlinca on this issue they are very good at support !!!

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Thank You So Much …i Am Trying Now

Love to hear how it goes :slight_smile:

I JUST TRY TO DO 2 SONGS TO SEE IF IT WORKS …I GOT THE MP3 2WAV CONVERTER
I DID THE 2 SONGS …THEN THE DVD AUDIO SOLO …BUT WHEN I OPEN DVD AUDIO SOLO
PLACE THE 2 SONGS FOR ME TO WRIGHT IN THE BOX SAID …" Audio track is corrupted/too big or unsupported format " WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?

Well lets figure it out I just did it all an its fine.

Are you sure the MP3’s were OK to start with.

What are the names of the files that you got from MP3 2 WAV are they something like: 01 NAME . WAV it must end in .WAV

If both answers are YES to the above try to play the converted file with winamp (chose the free one :slight_smile: )

http://www.winamp.com/player/

this is what I use but most players on you PC will play a WAV file.

Make sure you are selecting the converted WAV file and not the original MP3 file in DVD audio solo ( I made that mistake). When you click on the file in the left window it will transfer to the right window (you can drag a file or a whole folder).

Also when we do get this working be sure to use DVD -R or -RW +R and +RW do not work.

Tell me what you find I will play a little more at my end to see if maybe there is a setting that can cause this.

EDIT: I tried a few things and the error you are getting appears to be that the WAV file is corrupted or bad. Maybe try some MP3 from another folder I cant see anything you can do wrong with MP32WAV but lets see what you find out. If the WAV files you have are bad then maybe try using the DVD Audio SOLO RIP CD feature that will definitely give you some good WAV files to try a DVD burn and test in your car. Then we will figure out the mp3 to WAV problem if it is that.

Ok I Got An Mp3 File And Convert It To Wav …i Know Is A Wave File Now Because With Yahoo Massenger In Order To Know Someone Comes On Line It Only Plays Wav Files And Both Songs I Converted Play With Yahoo Massenger…i Also Try Winamp And Play The 2 Files I Converted
Now If The Files Were Bad Would They Be Playing With Winamp ? Or Yahoo Massenger ?

GOOD NEWS !!! : :smiley: AND ONE BAD :sad:
THE GOOD IS YOU WERE WRIGHT THE WAV FILE WERE NO GOOD [BAD] OUT OF ABOUT 10.000 SONGS I FOUND SOME FILES IN WAV …I DID THEM COUPLE SONGS AND IT WORKED !!! AND ANOTHER THING MY DVD WILL NOT RECORD -DVD SO JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT I DID ONE +DVD AND IT WORKS IT PLAYS IN THE CAR !!! :smiley:
NOW WHAT CAN I USE TO CONVERED ALL THE OTHER SONGS? THE ONE YOU SIAD ABOVE IT DOES NOT WORK WRIGHT I CONVERET THEM BUT BUT THE DVD AUDIO SOLO SEE THEM AS BAD FILES …ANY OTHER WAY ? ANY OTHER PROGRAM ?

Can you send me one of the MP3 files I can give it a try see if you can find one less than 2 meg that does not convert for you and be usable in DVD audio solo. 2 meg should get here.

hardwork12@gmail.com

I will convert and try in DVD audio Solo

It seems like your WAV file is OK but winamp can play files with some errors in them.

Was the file name you downloaded named mp32wav.zip for the MP3 to WAV converter. Just want to check mine is version 1.14.

If you want to you can also try BELIGHT this is also a very good and more generic converter you just use FILE >OPEN>select your MP3 files then hit the WAV/PCM tab and then process. The wav files will end up in the folder with the MP3 files.

http://corecodec.org/projects/belight/

Let Me Now If You Got My Email…also How Do I Download From That Sight ?

Yes that site is very confusing :rolleyes:

Try this link and download the one named BeLight-0.22b9_P4.exe

http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=45&release_id=245#r245

I got the file let me give it a try and post what happens…

I Thim I Might Have It I Try Couple And It Takes Them I Will Try All The Rest
I Will Let You Know !!!
Thank You So Muchhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

PS…ON THE BEL LIGHT TO I SELECT 16BITS STEREO WAVE OR MONO IT GIVE YOU 4 OPTIONS

In BELIGHT For MP3 since most are made from stereo CD use STEREO 16 bit.

All CD quality recordings are 16 bit. DVD audio is 24 bit and that is why it is even better than CD quality (more resolution more information more dynamic sound)

GREAT :slight_smile: I tried the file you sent and it converts fine using either program I recommended belight or MP32WAV. DVD Audio Solo does accept them.

Also that music is very nice !!!

Tell me how it goes. it took me quite a while to pull together all the software and details to get the DVD audio disks to work in the car. I think you are almost there. :eek:

After you get all this working and you want to get into editing WAV files the best program I have is Goldwave

http://www.download.com/3000-2170-10107438.html

The trial version is informative but not totally useful too limited. It is a $40 program but a great editor if you want to have some fun.

I Will Let You Know Thank You Again !! What Does The Goldwave Do ?

I am still learning all the features of Goldwave but it is almost a professional level sound editor. You can adjust volume, sound effects, cut and trim the WAV files. It can also convert AC3 (tracks) taken from DVD’s to WAV also.

I mostly use it now whaen I find that I have to set the volume too high on my car stereo I use this program to adjust the volume of the WAV file. I hate it when I switch to radio after turning the sound way up to hear the DVD.

If you use the program I recommended DVD Audio Extractor always set the “NORMALIZE” with a check this will normalize the volume to what a standard CD is.

I find it fun to play around with Goldwave can get some real odd effects. It is also a sound capture program (Recording device) and works quite well. That will be a future project as I have many records I want to make digital. DVD AUDIO SOLO is also a recorder so that can be used for this project as well.

SOOO many choices :slight_smile: