Help with audio burning ... plz

I have several mp3’s that I am burning onto a cd to play on my home stereo and some older cd players…
I used MusicMatch 7.2 to convert the mp3"s to wav files and then burned the cd…
The cd works great in my car (2002 pt cruiser) and it also works great in my home Panasonic Dvd cd player…
The problem is it will not play on a portable cd player, or one of those under the kitchen counter cd players…
Did I do something wrong or are the players just to old to read a burned cd?

Any help is appreciated…
thx

Did you ‘Close’ or ‘Finalize’ the CD when choosing the Burn options? This is vital for the CD to play in some portable players.

And it is very common that certain CD players will not read CDRs. It sometimes helps when the CD is burnt at lower speed and on A-quality media.

you can also give cd-rw a try instead of cd-r

I always thought that CD-RW gave even more trouble in players than CD-R…

Yes you’re right. My hardware MP3 player plays CDRs but rejects CDRWs. Majority of the time, CDRWs are rejected and are more troublesome than CDRs.

that is why i said give it a try…:slight_smile:

i know people for whom it worked

Had the same problem with a Old Sony Portable (before anti skip) and well what I did (before I got rid of hte player) is burn at 1x using Nero and use Verbatim disks and still I had to ger rid of it cause it used to take a long time to read the disk on a bad day so it sorta fixed the problem but not entirelly so… do some tests and good luck