HELP with ASUS 4816a

i just brought a new burner a ASUS 4816a i heard they were good so i brought it on the grounds what i wanna make backup copies of copy protected cds i have tryed to make backup copies of a couple of games even ones with the protection lacking and they still wont work my drive just wont a proper image of them im using clonecd 4.2.02 and firmware 1.12 any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated:)

from my personal experience the asus 48 speed is aspi layer picky
i only got ik working with aspi 4.60 build 1021

have you tried another program besides ccd?
alcohol 120% works good with the asus writer.

you also can try to flash your drive back to the original 1.0 firmware and check if that helps.
(if you didn’t back-up your firmware get it from the link in
this thread.)

Originally posted by Richie_adam
i just brought a new burner a ASUS 4816a i heard they were good so i brought it on the grounds what i wanna make backup copies of copy protected cds i have tryed to make backup copies of a couple of games even ones with the protection lacking and they still wont work my drive just wont a proper image of them im using clonecd 4.2.02 and firmware 1.12 any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated:)

Some punctuation and Capitols would make all the differene.
Well that’s my suggestion.

Nah, kidding.

Nothing uses the aspi layer anymore, so the aspi layer shouldn’t be the problem.

Can we get more information on the software settings please. And also the actual games you are trying to copy!

Every game these days is copy-protected, so we need to know what the games are so we can give you hints.
:slight_smile:

just try blindwrite suite and it worked with us most wanted and airline tycoon but when i try it with real war and real war rogue states it didnt work weird!

i was using the setting gcw said to use when trying to read and write copy protected games with clonecd
i didnt back my firmwire up becuase it updated cause the problems i was getting with clonecd when trying to create images of games all i wanna know now if my doesnt my burner work with clonecd when clonecd says it supports it!!!

p.s gonna try using alcohol 120% and it the burner i got good for writing/reading copy protected games i heard somebody say it was but i could be wrong:)