Help with an old PC game title

Morning!
Hope this is in the right place, but…

I remember playing a game maybe…10 years ago now, on my old PC.

It was, in a way, like an oldschool Warcraft/Age Of Empires/Sim Safari. The playing screen was black with a grid across it where you built things on it.
It also had 3 levels that you could change between whenever you wanted, kind of like heaven, neutral and hell lands.

I can’t think of much more, but there was something that connected the three levels, and when you built things you had to try to balance out all three levels or something like that.

I’ve tried finding it elsewhere but nothing is coming up, and the game hire store isn’t in business anymore so I can’t ask there.

Any help or suggestions at all would be great. Thank you!

Hi Session9! :slight_smile:

We usually discuss games/problems with games etc in the Entertainment Talk forum (not that obvious I know), so I’ll move it there. Good luck :slight_smile:

Something like Populous?

Strategy or simulation?

The game didn’t look at all like Populous did, but from what I remember had the same kind of idea.

The one I’m trying to think of, you could flip the grid over or something like that and you could build on the ‘hell’ side of it as well.

Now that I think about it, I think perhaps you could build on the top ‘heaven’ and bottom ‘hell’ levels but not the middle? What built on the middle was dependent on what was built on the other two levels, but you could manipulate it.

[B]Afterlife![/B]

I followed the ‘God games’ link after looking up Populous on wikipedia and as soon as I saw that word I remembered everything.

Here it is on Gamespot. Great game.

Thanks chef, and anyone that had a peek to see if they knew it.

Yay!

Nice, the good old games.

Ha yeah…
I’m glad they made some damn good games 4+ years ago, my laptop can actually run them without jumping every now and then.

i was wondering if anyone knows the name of an old arcade style game i last played it about 14 years ago i think you go level by level as a camel collecting cigarettes and something else.

[QUOTE=malestewy;2082836]i was wondering if anyone knows the name of an old arcade style game i last played it about 14 years ago i think you go level by level as a camel collecting cigarettes and something else.[/QUOTE]

[B]REVENGE OF THE MUTANT CAMELS[/B] by Jeff Minter!!!

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for an old pc game from I think 10 years ago. I played it on windows '98. It was a game like mario, but you have to collect bubbels, you had different levels like in the dessert, under water, in ice. And the bath things were snailes.
Does somebody know which game I mean?

Greetz!

Giana sisters style??

hello everybody

i’m amazed how people can remember these old games ( also good shout on afterlife, that was a great game) so ive got a challange, its an old pc game from around 1995-97, this may take some explaining

from what i remember you had to fly round in an alien spaceship and seed four (?) different races around the galaxy and help them develop,you could travel forward and backwards in time and change the events that happened to each race, the goal bieng to create a sort of balance. You had to refuel your ship by going into orbit of gas giants, if you got to close the window on you ship would crack, i can picture the game so vividly but just can’t remember what it was called, its driving me mad, i’m starting to think i just dreamed it!

anyways pleeeeeaaase help me, i can remember alot more but i think i’ve rambled enough for one post, so any questions just ask, cheers!

hey ppl

i had this game like…11-12 yrs ago, i think it was futuristic and it was a little plane that had a overhead view, and u shoot other ships and they have weapon power ups or health and such. i cant remember the name but i think it was like…tarian or taraine or something like that.

please help! thanks

[QUOTE=ichimura;2148297]hey ppl

i had this game like…11-12 yrs ago, i think it was futuristic and it was a little plane that had a overhead view, and u shoot other ships and they have weapon power ups or health and such. i cant remember the name but i think it was like…tarian or taraine or something like that.

please help! thanks[/QUOTE]

Tyrian?

:sad:i need help finding a game its like by the makes of wallace and gromit Aardman Animations " i think and well its like theres a fat guy in a house and i guess hes a neighbor of the skinny character guy i play which i think is Wallace , and theres like 3 or 4 levels of this house and i have to sneak around his house pulling pranks on my neighbor and getting points i guess.
i think i played this game on the PC like 6 years ago, can anyone help me to find the name of this game?:bow:

[QUOTE=ravexgirl66;2163302]:sad:i need help finding a game its like by the makes of wallace and gromit Aardman Animations " i think and well its like theres a fat guy in a house and i guess hes a neighbor of the skinny character guy i play which i think is Wallace , and theres like 3 or 4 levels of this house and i have to sneak around his house pulling pranks on my neighbor and getting points i guess.
i think i played this game on the PC like 6 years ago, can anyone help me to find the name of this game?:bow:[/QUOTE]

Neighbours from Hell?

Hey guys, this is a great help for all those out there who wanna play those classics but just can’t seem to remember the name :stuck_out_tongue:

Iv got a similar problem, i used to play this game over 6 years ago (so im looking at late 90’s turn of the century era game), you could control 4 different characters of varying races, i KNOW one of the races was human, i think another one of them was either reptilian or a lizard, im not too sure. I don’t know the other two, can’t remember :p. You could have either 4 lizards, or 4 humans or a mixture of all 4 races according to what you wanted i believe.

The characters all followed the “lead” character around in a line, kind of like the game “snake”, wherever you directed the chosen lead character the others would follow one after the other.

You walked on a grid (you could see the squares i think) and you could equips weapons like spears, bows, swords etc, shields too.

In battle everytime you moved, then the enemy could move, meaning you could walk off for two hours, come back and it would still all be the same, the game only moved according to when you moved. you could pick up objects and sell them, it was damn addictive, can someone please help me? im pretty sure it was RPG style, if more details needed just ask, i may be able to remember other snippets

[B]ENCYCLOPEDIA OF ROLE-PLAYING GAMES[/B]

Pre:1975 - Current

Link: http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/encyclopedia/index.html

Are you sure it was six years ago?

Sounds like World Of Warcraft to me.

:cool::cool:

100% sure it was over six years ago since i last played it before i migrated lol, and that was over 6 years ago, almost 7. DEFINATELY not WoW, but thanks for the link, the graphics weren’t excellent if that helps, but it wasn’t exactly BRIGHT like the old 2D games, the game colour was pretty toned down, like you were constantly in a dimly lit dungeon, but i could be wrong on that.

OH YEAH, one other thing, the view was diagonal, meaning if you were watching two players playing chess you’d be sitting near the CORNER of the board, not side on or behind the player, so all the tiles looked like diamonds. Hope someone can help me out with this, im DESPERATE

Hey everyone,

Im looking for this game i played, probably 10-12 years ago.
Its for the PC,

It was a business game. more of a manufacturing game.

when you first start a game, you choose which industry you want.
eg. computer casing/calculators/stepper motors/integrated circuit boards.

then you choose a building from a map as your factory.

then you can buy offices and place them in the factory building.
and also ashtrays and manufacturing machines.

then you hire personel, like blue-collar and white-collar staff, to work.

i remember you have to build conveyer belts and connect machines.
and you can see your produce in the inventory slots.

haha, pretty general, but i remember everything except the title.

p.s. theres also cheat where you can hire a frankenstein as a worker.

thanks if anyone knows the title!