Help with 1click dvd

vbimport

HI,
I’m new here and have a question. I just downloaded the trial of 1click dvd and the first 2 copies I made worked great, the third however is taking hours. In between the second and the third I uninstalled my copy of easy cd creator because I never liked it. Could this be making such a difference? I have a lite-on dual layer 16x dvd drive with the current drivers. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks for any help.

Check your DMA mode make sure it didn’t change to PIO, In the Device Manager find your drive and click on it. Right click on My computer and click on properties and then device manager and then hardware and then Drives and then Advanded setting and see if your drive is in DMA Mode 2.

Alan
I can’t seem to find a tab that says advanced.

Go to your desktop and right click on MY COMPUTER. at the bootom you will see “Properties” Click on it. This will take you to the Device manager. Click on it. When it opens ypu will see a Tab called Hardware, select it. When it opens you will see CD/DVD ROM drives, open it. Click on your drive. You will see a tab called Advanced Properties, open it. It should say DMA mode 2. If says PIO change it to DMA.

Um, now that you’re talking about DMA - could you tell this noobie exactly what that is?
I just checked out both my DVD drives using Nero info.
I have an LG GSA-4163B as Master and it says DMA is ON
and a Pioneer DVR-107D as Slave and DMA is OFF
Both drives on secondary IDE Channel

Should both DMA be on, or not?

DMA should be on. Open your Bios and set it to Auto. Your secondary channel should have both devices on DMA 2 or UDMA 2.

Hmmm, I had a look and I think it is set to auto.
That doesn’t seem to make much difference though.

I had a look at another thread here which said to delete the Secondary IDE channel and then search again for hardware. I did this and got a blue screen/reset, but the Secondary channel is back again with the same settings when I check in Nero Info
The only thing now is, when I right click on it in the Device Manager and go to Properties, the “Advanced” tab is no longer there… :frowning:

Another thing - Nero tells me that the ASPI layer is corrupted, although the Nero ASPI is fine (there are two in a drop-down list in Nero Info).

Reboot your computer and xp will recognize them automatically.

Yeh, um, this after I rebooted several times.
I guess I can live with just one drive having the DMA on? It’ll just take longer to read with that drive, right?

Um, I just ripped I, Robot with 1ClickDVD and AnyDVD and it seems to play fine on my computer, but when I play it on my standalone it jumps from scene to scene in order, one after the other eg, scene 1, scene 2, scene 3 … right to the end.

Anything i can do about it?

nm, i ripped the rip not using anydvd (I figured the protection would be gone already) and it worked :slight_smile:

Here’s a tutorial created by senior 1Click Members. http://1clickdvdcopyhelp.webhop.org/ and 1Click had its own discussion forum where the members help each other. http://www.dvdrextreme.com/vb/

Thanks for that; I got halfway through watching my rip (on my standalone player) and it froze and wouldn’t go on anymore…I remember during the first rip when it got to about 99% it said something about “skipping bad sectors” or similar…

I can still seem to watch it OK on WinDVD on my PC

DONT BUY IT I HAD 1 CLICK FOR 1 MONTH RELOADED MY COMP NOW IT SAYS ITS BEING USED ON ANOTHE COMP E MAIL THEM 4 TIMES NO REPLY ITS A WASTE OF MONEY