Help with 1620 OEM flashing

vbimport

I am now the proud owner (I think) of a New/Old 1620 OEM with firmware G7L9. I’ve dug through the FAQs and other threads trying to figure out how to cross-flash to a later retail.
All the links given to DL the winDWflash are out of date, not found (dvdpro.club). According to the FAQ, TDB B7P9 will cross-flash, but when I try, it says "Drive Not Accessible. So, can some kind soul help me through this?

Read zebadee’s nice flasher guide
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=171380.

With BQFlasher you can use any BenQ DW1620 Pro stock firmware. Hope you’ll be able to find those links. :smiley:

pinto2…Thanks, BUT…
Official BenQ has all B series. Any I try says, "drive not support"
TDB, as said originally, says "drive not available"
BenQ.cvts…no longer exists.

So, one more time…MAYDAY!!

Sorry to say; are you reading at all? :smiley:

G7** firmwares are only for OEM/rebadged drives. BenQ’s own B7** are the mature and the best. No need for any .CVT, no nothing.
Find BQFlasher and any BenQ 1620 .exe firmware [B]and flash[/B]. Simple like that. :bigsmile:

Okay, adding a link to BenQ stock firmwares, linky.

Sorry, I finally saw the BQ flasher link, got it and all is well. Thanks.

Hi :slight_smile:
Link for Quikee’s BQFlasher:
Now includes link for my guide in 1st post of thread.

Thanks zebadee. :clap:

[I]off topic[/I]

Using [U]Search[/U] for BQFlasher would give you all info needed in first place. BQFlasher thread lists as # 4 right now (behind your posts).

/off topic

Hi :slight_smile:
O/T Thanks pinto2. Just wanted to post something. Bored. :iagree: :bigsmile:

[I]Con’t off topic.[/I] :slight_smile:

Yeah, not that much fun here anymore, now that all new BenQ’s are Lite-On’s… :sad:

I mis those 1620 days (almost 2y back) when we burned at 16x at same speed (ie. time) Liteys burn at 20x nowdays, heh. :bigsmile: