Help w/ LG Bluray WH12LS39 Fimware Update

vbimport

I finally broke down and got a BluRay Writer. The problem is the software disc that came w/ it (which includes a FW updater) crashes on my Win 7 and won’t install.

I don’t care about their software anyway, just want to see if any updates for my FW.

I go to the LG site and nothing comes up for this model. I bought it from Newegg for a decent price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136241

If anyone can help I really do apperiate it! :cool:

Use compatibility mode if you REALLY need it…

Also, there is no fw update for this yet and I have no clue why do you think you’d need such.

That firmware updater is the subject of many tales of woe around the web. I strongly recommend that you don’t worry about using it. The reason you can’t find your drive at LG is because the WH drives are sold and handled by LG’s commercial division. Watch for updates here. You will also want to handle any warranty issues at that site. And do not worry so much about keeping drive firmware updated. You will occasionally find that a new firmware update that may improve something that you don’t use will reduce the quality of something that you do. If it ain’t broke…:wink:

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2622647]That firmware updater is the subject of many tales of woe around the web. I strongly recommend that you don’t worry about using it. The reason you can’t find your drive at LG is because the WH drives are sold and handled by LG’s commercial division. Watch for updates here. You will also want to handle any warranty issues at that site. And do not worry so much about keeping drive firmware updated. You will occasionally find that a new firmware update that may improve something that you don’t use will reduce the quality of something that you do. If it ain’t broke…;)[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much! :bigsmile:

I guess I am better off w/o that FW updater anyway and glad to know there’s no newer FW anyway. I will keep that in mind about updating, I recall regretting it in the past w/ Plextors and their handling of Weak Sectors as a point - true I should have learned a lesson about that.

Please, could somebody upload the entire Software CD as an .iso file and share it for me???
I bought the drive and the vendor never gives me the Software CD.
thanks you very much!!!
Emmanuel:bow:

Which program on the CD do you need? Of course, it would be illegal for us to upload and share the copyrighted Cyberlink programs included on the disc. But if you need burning software, Imgburn works as well or better than the Cyberlink Power2Go program.