Help Using Forum

vbimport

Hi there, I love the dvdfab software but I am afraid to buy it because there is no tech support and I can’t figure out how to do anything on this forum except read and post. I can’t search. When I do, nothing comes up. Is there some secret to using this page or is there a decent software out there that does have tech support? I keep trying other software but I still like this one best but I just can’t make myself pay good money for something that has no help file or support. Hope someone can help me.

If you have a problem or question and can’t find an answer using the “Search This Forum” function you can always (as you did today) start a thread and post the question. The “Advanced Search” will let you narrow the search a number of ways to speed it up. I see that you have posted a question about region codes in another thread. If this is your topic of interest, post the question here and someone will help.

We have many helpful members here, if you have aproblem we will be more than glad to help you. Just be specific and we will do our best. :wink: Welcome to the forumLiMillr.

It seems to me you have asked this question a few times before.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1705353&postcount=78 There is no product guide, if that is what you are looking for. However if you read the threads at the top of the DVDFab Forum Mainpage, you might just get some answers. As for the forum, it seems to me you are doing just fine.:clap:

If you need a guide on how to use the program to do a backup then read below

1.) Open DVDFab Platinum
2.) Put the DVD movie you are going to make a backup copy of into your DVD drive, the movie title will appear in the source drop down window
3.) In the target drop down window chose the location of your DVD Writer that will be used to do the burning of the disc
4.) At the bottom of the screen choose the size of the blank medics disc you will be using for the backup in the drop down window with the word Quality next to it, DVD5=compression and DVD9=no compression
5.) Depending on if you have one or two DVD Writers hooked to your computer,
a.) If you only have one DVD Writer connected to your computer then you will have to wait until the program has finished the copying process to your hard drive and then you will be asked to insert a blank media disc into the drive,
b.) If you have two DVD Writers connected to your computer put in the original disc into one of the DVD drives(making sure this drive is selected as the Source),
And put a blank media disc into your other DVD drive(making sure this drive is selected as the Target),
After the program reads and copies the movie from the DVD Drive that contains the original DVD disc the program will then start the burning process to the DVD Drive containing the blank media disc
6.) Click the start button at the lower right corner to start the process.

and if it is tech support you want then you may find this forum is much better then tech support because here those who use and know the program are here to help other out when they have any trouble :bigsmile:

Outstanding Tim to the rescue again :slight_smile:

Evening my Friend :bigsmile:

Thank you! I guess I am just not ‘techie’ enough to find the forum comfortable. Even though there is no email help available and no help file, the product does work well. I will probably buy it as soon as I get my new computer.

That’s great news, and remember you can always come to the forum for help.:slight_smile: