Help Transferring files to sony NWZ s639F

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony NWZ-S639F. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi please forgive me if I am being stupid but I am having an absolute nightmare trying to get the hang of this… As will be plain to see I am new to MP3 players and have been struggling… with what many will prob find very simple …

I was trying to transferring podcasts from itunes to my Sony walkman and failing miserably … Finally I got things to work by using Win Media Player, but then I find another issue …

All I am trying to do is upload /transfer audio files to my walkman… these files are MP3 files and the frustrating thing is the other day they were in my walkman and working fine … in fact I have been listening to them for a week or so and they were fine…

Whilst Struggling with transferring podcasts from itunes to my walkman and having done some research I decided to try the Sony media manager sware that came with my walkman…

Initially ev seemd to be working fine I transferred files and all looked ok , and I also transferred some MP3 audio/speech files…whihc also were fine
BUT the next day the very same files that HAD been working now show up as “cannot play file is damaged” . I have tried deleting that file and transferring another copy of the file and the same is happening… what is causing these files to keep getting damaged.?

Another thing which is confusing /frustrating is Speech audio files are being put in the same section as Music files . So if I goto All Songs section ( where the songs are listed in alphabetical order the speech files are also listed … its is a mess ( I think this mess is from using the transfer drag and drop feature) although the instructions said it would put the files in the right location automatically…

In order to help me learn how to do things PROPERLY can someone please help me with the following & if possible provide step by step instructions to the following ( so I can follo these without all the hassles I have had) . If not maybe you can point me to instructions online…

1. Copying/Transferring Podcasts from itunes to a non IPOD MP3 player
    ( my Sony Walkman)

2. Copying/Transferring MP3 Audio Files to my Sony walkman

3. Using Content Transfer ( drag and drop feature to add files to my MP3 player) I have foudn they end up in a complete mess … I am moving things around with win explorer to try to tidy things up … which is time consuming and a nuisance is there a better way of doing this.?.

4. Genre - is there a way of getting the songs, or other files to be flagged with the correct Genre at the moment they are all over the place… and the list keeps growing so I am getting things like New Age and New Age/Celtic so I assume this info is being read from the file …

5. Renaming Tags - this is new to me too, but I see there are many diff tag editors out there , can you recmd a good free one…

6. Any advice/tips on using Tag editor sware

I know this si a lot to ask but I woudl be extrememly grateful is someone can help me get to grips with all of this I have lost count of how many hours I have been trying to get things sorted …

Thank You in advance for your patience and help
tamba1 :confused:

Have you sat down and really read the manual:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-s-series/nwz-s639f/tab/manual