Help to recover data from Data DVD+r

Hi, burnt a dvd+r with nero as a data dvd+r last year. now when i insert the disc, explorer states “please insert disc”…

I’ve tried numerous dvd recovery softwares from a google search and all bring up as disc / drive not ready…

ISO Buster brings the disc up as blank so i think now the toc is damaged…

Anyone help with recovering the data from this dvd+r as it’s old family footage that i archived last year and don’t want to lose it…

thanks in advance…

Hi,

The readability of a disc is not only determined by the fitness of the disc, but also by the drive that reads it. Some drives are better readers than others. What kind of DVD-drive are you using (brand, type)?

We’ve recently had a couple of threads like this.

The ONLY answer, I’m afraid, is to find a more tolerant drive.

hi people, tnx for the replies…

i’ve tried it on an old hitachi dvd-rom drive on my girl’s PC and on my 4 month old Pioneer dvr 108 burner with latest firmware revision…

all my other archives from last year are readable, just the one i need files from that are damaged…

the disc is a Bulkpaq DVD+r gen 4 x4 speed…

any more suggestions, tia…

Wasn’t Bulkpaq 4x Princo???

Evolva, i usually use DataSafe media, is Princo unreliable and likely to this failure…?

tnx…

Yes bbez Princo can be unreliable and can have problems reading it.
It’s best to use good quality media and if it’s something important you are burning best to make several copies just in case one goes and you can’t read it you have a back up