Help to choose dvd writer

vbimport

I will buy one of these writers:
Samsung SHS202J 20X PATA and Nec AD-7200S-0B SATA. Each one is around $25.
My motherboard is ECS PM800. It has SATA interface but i dont have power cables for SATA devices.
Speed is not an issue for me (as long as it can write faster than 8x). I will write max100dvds in a year. I want it to last for 200-300 dvds (dvd +R(w)/-R(w)). I will not use it with DVD DL or any other format except I have Liteon 1693s and i could only write around 70-80dvds with it. Now it can only read some of them.
Which one to choose Samsung SHS202J 20X PATA and Nec AD-7200S-0B SATA?

It depends on what media you are going to use

I use the LG GH22NP20 for DVD+R, it can handle cheap CMC media found with TDK, Memorex, Fuji, Maxell 100 pcs spindle and it just loves DVD+R and better burn quanlity than the Pioneer 112D, not so good with DVD-R

For DVD-R, I use Samsung S203B or Pioneer 112D…I have also the S203S but its burning quality is not as good as the S203B.

I would pass on both of your choices and get the Pioneer 116 if PATA is your 1st choice since it uses the chipset as the NEC 7200 and should be a all rounder…jmo, if not the NEC over Samsung since the newer Samsung is not as good as the S203B.

[QUOTE=APVM;2145836]It depends on what media you are going to use

I use the LG GH22NP20 for DVD+R, it can handle cheap CMC media found with TDK, Memorex, Fuji, Maxell 100 pcs spindle and it just loves DVD+R and better burn quanlity than the Pioneer 112D, not so good with DVD-R

For DVD-R, I use Samsung S203B or Pioneer 112D…I have also the S203S but its burning quality is not as good as the S203B.

I would pass on both of your choices and get the Pioneer 116 if PATA is your 1st choice since it uses the chipset as the NEC 7200 and should be a all rounder…jmo, if not the NEC over Samsung since the newer Samsung is not as good as the S203B.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for replying. I am buying dvd media as 25/50pcs packs. I choose TDK, Maxell and Hyundai but i cant know their media id beforehand.
I looked for Pioneer 116 in local stores but couldnt find it. I found following models:
Samsung SHS202J, Nec AD-7200S, LG H20NB 20X SATA, LITE-ON DH-20A4H (pata), LG GH22NP20, PHILIPS SPD2414BM

If you don’t have power cable for sata, this should be available at your local computer store http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812104652

Goto http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia to find out what media code you may have for your media and check which burner is best for your burner over here with users’ scanning results.

IMO, if you are buying only one burner, the NEC should be an all rounder but better do more research, you don’t want to end up with the wrong burner.

I guess i should buy NEC then. I live in Turkey and here USD/Turkish lira ratio is 1,70 from 1,20 in just two week. Thats why i want to buy writer as soon as possible.