Help Ting Improve DVD to Mobile--Sign in Here!

Ting, Co-developer of DVDFab, has asked for everyone’s help as he continues to work on improving the DVD to Mobile functions. Many have experienced conversion speed problems with some profiles in version To fine-tune this part of the code, Ting needs some information on the PC configuration you are using and what type of conversion speed you are seeing compared to earlier versions. My information would look like this:
CPU: Intel Core 2 2.0GHZ
Speed: slightly slower
Profile: Archos H264+MP3 (please be specific, e.g. “iPod5.5G” not just “iPod”)

Please post just this information in this thread so that the data can be extracted easily. I will post a blank form after this post; just hit the Quote button to respond and fill in your information (you can just type inside the quote box, then type a few characters after the /quote).If you have a question or want to share other information, there is a conversion speed thread already in the forum, or you can start a new thread if the problem is unrelated. Please take part if you use the Mobile conversions, it will make the product better for all.


CPU: P4 3.0 GHz
Speed: slightly slower to slower
Profile: Ipod h264 mp4

CPU: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6320 @ 1.86GHz
Speed: About the same if not better
Profile: XVID+MP3

CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3.20 Ghz
RAM: 2 Gb
OS: Windows XP Professional SP2
Speed: Faster if anything
Profile: Generic.AVI.XVid.Audiocopy

CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3Ghz
OS:Vista Ultimate - 32 bit
Speed: Very slow and then crashes at 2nd pass
Profile: Generic.AVI.XVid.Audiocopy

2nd system I’ve tested on

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5550 (2MB cache/1.83GHz/667Mhz FSB
OS:Vista Ultimate - 64bit
Speed: Very slow and then crashes at 2nd pass
Profile: Generic.AVI.XVid.Audiocopy

CPU:CPU P4/3.0GHz 800M LGA775|2M
OS: XP Pro SP2
Speed:fails to do second pass hangs at 100% of first pass
Profile:Generic xvid + audio copy, 2 pass, fixed bitrate 2000

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ 1,66 GHz (very old, but worked well for me)
RAM: 2 GB (PC 2700/DDR 333)
OS: Windows XP Pro SP2 Build 2600 (32 bit)
Speed: begins with 3-10 fps, after 3 sec. speeds up to 30-50fps, second pass need waittime of 30- 60 sec., then working without crash. (1 Pass 100% OK…)
Profile:generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy or mp3 (MP3: I did not use the variable bitrate because i have the feeling, without VBR better audiosync results)

Good/Best results of AVI quality, aprox.10 fps faster than 4.x

CPU: Intel 2.4 C2D E6600 stock setting
RAM: 2 gig G.Skill DDR2 800 stock setting
OS: XP Pro 32 bit
Speed: Slow 50 fps
Profile: Default PVP for Creative Zen W using 1 pass.

CPU:Pentium M 1.6 GHz
Speed: Much Slower than previous version. Went from 40-50 to 5-10 Fps.
Profile: ipod.mpeg4, i’ve tried the rest of the profiles which yielded same results.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad (2.4GHZ) @ 3.4GHZ
RAM: 2GB DDR2 1066
OS: Vista Home Premium x64
Speed: Slow
Profile: Generic.AVI.XVid.Audiocopy

CPU:Intel® Core™2 … 6700 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz
RAM: 4 Gigs
OS: Vista Ulimate (32 bit)
Speed: 55-60 Fps
Profile: PSP H264 firmware 2.8+

CPU: Centrino Core 2 Duo T7100 1.8 +1.8 GHz
OS: Vista 32 bit with SP1
Speed: First Pass when I tried it - 85-93 fps, Second Pass 58-63 fps
Profile generic AVI with Audiocopy

Encoded directly off DVD not Hard drive. New DVDFab is faster than the old version for this profile for me.

CPU: AMD 64 X2 Dual 5200+
RAM: 3 gig
OS: Vista Home Premium 32 bit
Speed: Same, maybe very slightly slower
Profile: cellphone.blackberry (49fps @ 320x180)

Note: As with the last version of DVDFab, my CPU (both cores) jump from 20% to 90% to 20% over and over (inconsistent IMHO like it has a caching issues) - but what do I know – I am just a monkey.

using Vaio laptop
XP home SP2
Intel Pentium M
1.73 Ghz
504 Mb RAM
88 Gb drive, 54Gb free

as test backup/conversion ‘Bourne Identity’ ( 1:58:11 )

v “full disc” DVD ==> local HDD, elapsed time: 00:24:44

conversions HDD ==> HDD to generic avi Xvid+MP3, single pass, video : framerate ‘same as source’ 1200 kbps - audio 256 kbps, 150%

( reboot ) using elapsed time: 1:15:02 - filesize: 1,258,193 KB

( reboot ) using elapsed time: 1:26:27 - filesize: 1,258,160 KB

CPU: Intel Core 2 duo E6850 3.0 Ghz
OS: Vista Ultimate
Speed: 68 fps, 52.fps
Profile: Creative Vision, 320x240, 2-pass

[QUOTE=signals;2056495]CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6)
RAM: 4 Gb
OS: Windows XP Home Edition
Speed: No noticable difference
Profile: Zen Vision W (mpeg4 + mp3 audio)

Hope this helps.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.6 GHz
RAM: 2 gb
OS: Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit
Speed: 115 - 180 fps (much faster than previously)
Profile: PSP H264 FW 3.3+ (2 pass @ 480x202)

Wow, I just noticed that stormjumper has similar setup and settings and is only getting 55-60 fps. Very odd. I will try 2.8 and see if my number are lower. Stormjumper are you running

Scratch speed in above post. I was getting those speeds on first pass and second pass never started. It ended up only taking 35 minutes for first pass (on a 142 minute movie).

If I go only with 1 pass and H264 FW 3.3+ I’m getting about 60 fps (I can no longer edit above post). This is about how fast it has been previously.

I wish they would fix the 2 pass issues with this program. I have been talking about this bug since December.