Help! Sony DWU18A and Windows XP problem

ok, so reinstalled the drives and burnt a dvd, so it seems ok …

is it still worth patching the bios, and where do i get the aspi drivers from - nero infotool says i don’t have it installed.

cheers for all the help guys … don’t know what is up with torrentopia though?!?

definetely upgrade to VY06 and also if you do install aspi go for 4.6 later versions dont work to well for kprobe and liteons in general. havent got a link but there are quite a few threads with links to 4.6
and for torrents better to stick to a popular client…i personaly use azureus but there are a lot of popular ones like burst and shadows experimental that are popular for a reason

{edit}
just been to torrentopia homepage and latest version is out and the readme says
“This version fixes Suprnova search and allows to save search settings.
It tries to fix some freeze problems experienced by a few users when changing XP user or theme. For those that persist with the problem it can be avoided by disabling the skins in Settings->Advanced.”

sounds like the prog is buggy and has problems with xp…might explain your freezes.

only reason i gone off topic is if someone else has this prog installed and a liteon and are fooled into the same thing.

Some say you have to have aspi installed, some say you dont need it on WinXP!

My opinion is; you better use a aspi layer for compatibility reason. :wink:

Read here. There are also links for d/l.
Remember, KProbe also installs aspi.

off topic
I´m sure you will fix your torrent problem. That´s a great P2P.
the_hetster is right; shadows experimental torrentclient rules!

By the_hetster:…only reason i gone off topic is if someone else has this prog installed and a liteon and are fooled into the same thing.

Yeap, I have. No probs here!
/off topic

everything seems to be working fine - aint changed the firmware, any reason i should - if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! :wink:

oh, and thanks veru much! :cool: