Help retrieve bios (setup) password

vbimport

When I try to enter bios setup to change booting device order, it asks for password. Trouble is nobody in the office remembers it. Is there a way to retrieve it without mucking everything up in the pc?
Thanks,
P.

[QUOTE=petremure;2160434]When I try to enter bios setup to change booting device order, it asks for password. Trouble is nobody in the office remembers it. Is there a way to retrieve it without mucking everything up in the pc?
Thanks,
P.[/QUOTE]

If your working for a company ask the IT department there for help on there. Since I don’t know whom owns’ that computer help on the subject is in my opinion best left for your depart IT to help you on that.

You could also reset BIOS…usually there is a jumper for that.
You better get the specs of your board and download the manual from the manufacturer’s site

If it is a desktop, it is very easy to reset the BIOS. Either find the jumper to reset the BIOS, or remove the system battery (watch battery usually CR2032 or CR2012). Leave the battery out for about 10 minutes (with the machine unplugged, of course) and re-install it and reconfigure your BIOS.

If it is a laptop, it may not have a CMOS battery, or it may store the password on non volatile memory (which means loss of power will not erase it). In this case you should have your IT staff contact the Manufacturer for the Master BIOS password (which may or may not exist). If the OE does not have the reset password you will have to send the unit back to them so they can replace the BIOS chip.