Help, red light always on LTR - 32123S (from boot onwards)

vbimport

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with my stock, 6 month old LTR - 32123S, since yesterday the red light is always on (after shuffling through green and orange when powered on) and when the tray is opened it closes and opens again in a loop. I upgraded to the latest firmware hoping that would fix the issue, but unfortunately it hasn’t helped. Is there any way to fix it?
Thanks a lot for any help.
Can

Originally posted by cansav
I upgraded to the latest firmware hoping that would fix the issue, but unfortunately it hasn’t helped.
Is there any way to fix it?

You gotta reflesh your drive in DOS in order to try to get back to status quo.

Read this stuff - > Bad-flash-recovered LiteOns

As you suggested, I tried flashing with a dos boot disk and mtkflash and used the bin I extracted from liteon’s windows flasher, since I couldn’t find any other binary. Flashing went fine and during that the light was green but when it was done the light turned red again. What do you think is the problem most likely to be? Thanks, Can.

Now, no Bad-flash-recovered LiteOns’ sugestions didn’t help ? Weird ! :confused:

See, I used to help many ppl to revive their “dead” drives with the jumper trick stuff.
So, if you still want this support of mine, please PM your e-mail and we’ll try to work it out.

@Boskin: A burner with a red light always on is not bad flashed…it’s just broken (for example when erasing the EEPROM using WSES)

@alexnoe,

Let me remind you one special case with KenL’s former burner -
I swear God , you remember that issue discussed many times before.
Would you like me to point out our posts of that time regarding this ?

So, when I got the drive from Ken, the red light stayed ON all the time, most likely as in cansav’s case.
Despite that fact,
I using the jumper trick succeeded to revive that drive and it’s been successfully working ever since.

My PM box is full of mails from the ppl w similar problems.
So, I don’t know whether it would help in this particular case or not,
but I did offer my time and support to cansav, since he seemed desperate.
That’s it.