Help! Ready to explode

vbimport

So I downloaded 13 mp3s from beatport. A few of them had to be downloaded several times before I could drag them to my windows media player burn list without an error sign next to the file name.

After I finally got every track on the burn list without an error message, I attempted to burn the tracks to a cd. However, an error occurred each time, even for the tracks that were downloaded and dragged over without error on the first attempt.

I paid for these tracks and I want to use them as I wish. This is so frustrating and I know next to nothing about computers. Can anyone help? It would be so greatly appreciated.

You paid for them yes but they could have come with DRM on them preventing you from doing as you want to do. I would contact them and ask do they have DRM on them if so ask for your money back. Cause DRM is nothing short of scamming the legal buyer of the music… If no DRM ask them how can you get them to cd if they will even give reply on that question. Also you don’t say if your burning them as mp3 or cda format?? And what program your using to burn them?

I will ask those questions. They are mp3 files. I’m using Windows Media Player to attempt to burn the cd.

[QUOTE=cle123;2516537]I will ask those questions. They are mp3 files. I’m using Windows Media Player to attempt to burn the cd.[/QUOTE]

Which version of WMP are you using? I would use imgburn and see if it can burn your mp3 to cd to see what might be causing the problem why WMP isn’t burning. I myself wouldn’t use WMP to burn but another program to do the burning.

Good suggestion. I figured I should try a new program and I did. Luckily, if I didn’t have that intuition, you were there to help. Thanks.

NP…but it doesn’t mean WMP won’t burn it just that it is limited in what it does…and that in itself limits WMP itself what it can do. Versus a program written specifically to burn on to blank media.

Hey coolcolors if un install my windows media player and put an older verion in will it still read the drm,just wondering.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2516753]Hey coolcolors if un install my windows media player and put an older verion in will it still read the drm,just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatly that is something you shouldn’t do as it is probably connect to your O/S in more way then one and you might cause BSOD in doing so. But if you can install a newer version of WMP that would be one way to improve it performance. Or check to make sure your O/S is up to date and usually it will include WMP updates as well. Keeping your O/S up to date is one way to prevent problems that you might not have caught yet but other have found and got a fix for. DRM is limited to the media or whom created it. As I mentioned before knowing system your running were grabbing for straws only. So giving your hardware and O/S specs would help at this point to know what to do and what is going on???

[begin sarcasm]

[QUOTE=cle123;2516369]I paid for these tracks and I want to use them as I wish.[/quote] Ah yes… some people think the same about guns.

if un install my windows media player and put an older verion in will it still read the drm
No, it magiacally disappears. It’s the same with car parts from diferent brands, they are completely interchangable and will not lead to unepexected results. Everything is universal all the time

[/end sarcasm]

Now. First of all i very much doubt you downloaded a mp3 file. Mp3 files rarely have DRM in them. So, my best guess is you bought WMA files.
Secondly it still does not give you the right to copy or backup them all around. You did not ever pay for the tracks, you paid for the right to listen to them on specific terms.

You may get angry, you may get annoyed or explode, but i suggest you read the fine print of your purchase first.

@ OP, here’s my 2cents worth… Next time, purchase non-DRM’d material…Even iTunes sells them these days…
Why would any law-abiding citizen, purchase a gun and find out later that you couldn’t take it to the gun range, hunting, or for home-protection…I mean, really?.. Back to [B]the-music[/B]… we purchase “the right to listen to them” and I/we want to be able to play them on all players, and burn them on a disc, for our own use…We all do it…Well, at least most do it responsibly…
Also, you might want to try out better(IMO) media players…foobar2k, Winamp, MediaMonkey etc. etc…

Cheers, and good hunting, err I mean, good luck with [B]the-music[/B]!!..:wink: