HELP PX-W8432 problem

vbimport

If I insert a cd, it takes a long time (up to 10s) 'till I have access to the drive.

Sometimes it goes like this:
you hear the drive searching (spinning), then comes a weird sound (heavy scratchy sound) and then it starts spinning again, then the sound, and so on.

It doesn’t matter what type of cd I use (cdr, original, audio, clean, dirty) always the same story.
Eventually, he always manages to read (sometimes after eject and re-insert), but you understand this is pretty fu**ing annoying (pardon me).

The drive acts totally normal when writing…

Does anyone know about this problem or had the same experience?

What kind of cdr do you use? Maybe a bad cdr?

Doesn’t matter what type I guess…

Acer, Philips, Smartbuy, TDK, Arinso, …
74 mins, 80 mins, …

No matter what type (even original audio cd’s)

how do you do that ?

open up the drive?
use some special cleaning-cd (with little dusters) ?

thanks,

i’ll give it a shot…

If cleaning the laser doesn’t work and your drive is less than one year old you can get it repaired or replaced for free, check http://www.plextor.be/, look under Support or RMA requests. My drive’s eject button broke off and Plextor picked it up by courier and within two weeks I had a new drive, completely free of charge!

Too bad, my writer is almost 1,4 years old. And I guess they won’t “stretch” their warranty… (sob)

By the way, cleaning my lens didn’t help…

Too bad… well, you can always try emailing Plextor and there’s a (good) possibility that one of their techs has a solution for you, considering Plex’s excellent reputation in customer support.